1. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

Who Inspired You?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sclavus, Sep 3, 2017.

Who are the people who inspired you to start writing, or who have influenced your writing?

I started writing stories on my own as a young boy, but it was my 11th grade composition teacher who made me think I was actually good at it. She inspired me to pursue storytelling as something worthwhile. My writing is also often inspired and influenced by Jim Butcher, Jonathan Maberry, Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Frost, and Ray Bradbury.

2. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Cave Troll likes this.
  3. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

My friend Gary. One day he said he wanted to try writing a TV comedy about how shite and terrible local politics is and did I want to give him a hand. I did and then after two weeks that went no-where, but I liked a bunch of ideas and wanted to use them in something and had just proved to myself I could write plenty of material. So I gave it a go. And it's all his fault.

4. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member