1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

Who Killed Toby Shaw?

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Commander Caty, Apr 10, 2017.

Story: When the body of local college student, Toby Shaw is found murdered in his own home, panic spreads like a wild fire. Toby was a popular but troubled young man and so the number of suspects is enormous. Toby's close friends are determined to find out the truth behind Toby's murder even though it seems there are no answers to be found. Then another body turns up. The victim is one of Toby's friends, killed in a similar fashion, this murder just as brutal as the first. The violence of the murders leaves the citizens and the members of the police force stunned. The quiet little town that had once been peaceful soon becomes a place of fear and uncertainty. Who could be responsible for these hideous crimes? Who will be next?

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

Name: Desiderio 'Desi' Boon
    Job: Busboy at Chef's Diner/college student at University of Washington

Appearance:
    He's about medium height and is very thin. His skin is slightly tan and he has bright blue eyes. Desi has wavy black hair, which he always wears tied back. Desi has the top cartilage of both ears pierced and a pierced eyebrow.

Personality:
    Desi can be blunt and offend people. He doesn't mean to be hurtful, he's just a bit socially awkward and doesn't even realize he's being offensive. He just says whatever pops into his head at any time. It stems from his crappy upbringing and his parents never really teaching him much about proper social behavior. Desi is something of a drama queen and often gets himself into situations and will play the victim because he just wants someone to step in and save him.

History: Desi's family situation was difficult. His parents were not financially well off. They struggled to provide for Desi and Desi was often a witness to their lengthy screaming matches. Desi was eleven when his father died in a car crash. His mother, devastated by the loss of her husband, took to drinking. Desi was removed from his mother's care and sent to live with his grandparents when he was 12. While his grandparents never mistreated him and were wonderful to him, he craved his parents' love. The loss of both parents left a deep painful wound that never really healed.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

If anyone wants to toss me some ideas as to how I can develop this a bit more, I'd be super grateful. Lol. Because it seems I suck at this.

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Contributing Member

I would not say you suck at this, if I wasn't in my own RP and super busy then I would consider joining yours. I would just suggest gauging the atmosphere next time. There are a limited amount of roleplayers and two or three active RPs going on right now, so that's probably why yours hasn't picked up. But don't be discouraged, I've had some absolute duds in the past, lmao. Before you post an RP it's always good to join a RP, so that everyone can see your writing and you can make bonds, and when you do make an RP people might feel more curious. I hope I helped you out, sorry if I rambled too much!!!

Commander Caty likes this.
  5. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

if anyone's interested, I added a bit more info to this. I would love to bounce some ideas around with some people. :meh:

6. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

I'm in the process of completing the opening scene but I'll be done soon. Once I'm done I'll post it up here. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

I've finished the starter for the story so if anyone is interested please check it out. :)

8. Commander Caty

Commander Caty Member

Intro is done. Please check it out if you're interested.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017