1. SoulGalaxyWolf

SoulGalaxyWolf Active Member

Webcomics

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by SoulGalaxyWolf, Aug 4, 2016.

You know, the webcomic that has over 1,000 pages which lots of tomfoolery and time nonsense that breaks your brain? Yep =w= Home stuck is my favorite webcomic by far.
    There are other webcomics I enjoy but not many. I would say Home stuck is the only thing that I saw through the end on.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on any webcomic that you liked? I'm very curious :)

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

The Order of the Stick.

What started as a gag-a-day Dungeons&Dragons parody has since become the second greatest Epic Fantasies that I've ever read in my life. And since the greatest is an Urban Fantasy - The Dresden Files - that means that Order of the Stick is the greatest Swords and Sorcery that I've ever read.

Better than Lord of the Rings. There, I said it. The characters in OotS are allowed to make mistakes on a more catastrophic level than any of the characters in LotR ever made, the narrative pulls no punches in showing the characters the consequences of their mistakes. Most importantly, they felt like real people even before the story itself became more coherent, but the characters in LotR always felt more like plot devices to me.

Also, massive spoilers every 5 strips or so. Learning a few of them ahead of time (the Evil Overlord father of one of the lead protagonists explaining a fantastically brilliant evil plot to take over the continent, the leader being dead and almost kept out of the Lawful Good afterlife for willingly keeping a Chaotic Evil serial mass murderer as part of his team) was what got me hooked in the first place, but so many others hit me right in the gut because I spent so much time working up to them one page at a time.

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

I like The Order of the Stick too but I also like Looking for Group which is also a Lord of the Rings and D & D micky taker.

4. Simpson17866

Never heard of that one, I'll have to take a look :)

5. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Here's the link to the first page
    http://www.lfg.co/page/1/

6. Simpson17866

"The orphanage attacked me first!" :D

How have I never read this before? Richard is the most second hilarious Card-Carrying Villain I've ever seen!

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  7. SoulGalaxyWolf

SoulGalaxyWolf Active Member

Welp, I read it, and it was pretty cool. How the Elf seem so innocent was awesome and the reminiscence of the guy killing his father was funny although it's bad XD