1. jdearman777

jdearman777 New Member

Who wants to write an original plot from scratch?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by jdearman777, Jun 5, 2017.

Ok so i'm going to just think of something off the top of my head to start us off and I'm all in for a group plot collaboration.

THE TALENTED TAILS OF MR. RRRRIBIT

Logline: What if the frog prince of a lily pad colony doesn't want to be a frog prince?

The frog prince of a colony doesn't want to be a frog prince, so he runs away and shape shifts into their enemy species, the snakes of the snake empire on the other side of the laarge lagoon lake (Loch). - ((maybe the setting could be scotland?) - Anyway - he meets the daughter of the chieftan and falls for her.....the two hit it off , but eventually the shape shifting magic wears off and he bcomes a frog agan. She realizes she loves him too much to turn him in and together she helps him flee the empire, and they end up going into the human world like in Enchanted and shape-shift into humans and the goons of the emperor come after them.

Thats all I have for this one . Not sure where to go with it. Or what else to include.

Any thoughts, suggestions? I want it to have elements of Enchanted but be different and unique as well. Sorta - Anti-Princess and the Frog meets Enchanted.

Thought,s suggestions on plot, character, setting?

And where I can go with it?

2. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

I like, thus far. I think it sounds pretty cool. Sorry there's not much advice here. I would say, just play with what you have here, see what comes out because it sounds like it's off to an interesting start, and it sounds like it could be a really fun read.

3. jdearman777

jdearman777 New Member

Well I basically thought of how the princess always kisses the frog prince and he turns into a prince. and such and most frog princes like beinga prince, so what if there was one who didn't want to be a frog prince....of the colony =) and the problem is of course his father expects him to run the coolony and act like a male frog not a tadpole and accept. it for as it is. and take the responsibilities of the Lily pad colony....I envision a city built in among the lily pads like they have technology and such too. - Sorta like how in the movie shark tale Oscar the fish lives in a underwater city in a coral reef and works at a car wash lol.

4. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

I've always liked stories that play on tropes so I think it sounds really cool and a fun read. I don't really have much to offer as far as what to add to it, so I apologize about my lack of advice, but I certainly like the idea.

5. jdearman777

jdearman777 New Member

thanks for the feedback deciding on if i should continue with this one or not so any feedback helps

Odile_Blud likes this.
  6. dragonflare137

dragonflare137 Member

I actually really enjoy this idea. It's quirky and different from other things that I've read. I like the idea of animals going from their animal state to a human one. That could be something that you explore. How do the two adapt to being in completely different bodies, and in a completely different society.

As for setting you could either go for a modern time or a non-modern time. You would also have to figure out if you want magic in the human world, or if it's just normal. I can't wait to see what you come up with though. This idea is super interesting :)

7. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

Something like this:

Frog went a-courtin', and he did ride, uh-huh
    Frog went a-courtin', and he did ride, uh-huh
    Frog went a-courtin', and he did ride
    With a sword and a pistol by his side, uh-huh
    Well he rode up to Miss Mousey's door, uh-huh
    He rode up to Miss Mousey's door, uh-huh
    He rode up to Miss Mousey's door
    Gave three loud raps and a very big roar, uh-huh
    Said, "Miss Mouse, are you within?" uh-huh