Why did you join writingforums.org?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, Sep 16, 2006.

1. newguy

newguy New Member

Who cares 'bout cookies!!!!
    I GOT CHOCOLATE!!!!!

2. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Hey....CHOCOLATE, so like are ya going to share your chocolate.........:):)

3. newguy

newguy New Member

maybe
    *opens chocolate teasingly*
    mmmmm...
    choclate

4. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    So...um...like...are you going to share your chocolate with me? :):)

You know you want to.....

5. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

I joined so I can feed information to the fbi, I mean........... to share a hbby, yeaaaah:rolleyes:

6. Fiesty Kel

Fiesty Kel New Member

I joined thinking that I need to get myself use to being critiqued and work judged before starting my masters of literature and writing this year. Still not sure I am ready!

7. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I joined because I wanted to push my crappy writing on someone else, and my old writing forum was shutting down.

8. Raven

Raven Banned

I joined this forum to share my stories and meet people who like me have a passion for writing.
    And I glad that I found this particular forum in the google search.

~Raven.

9. s1e9a8n5

s1e9a8n5 New Member

I joined the forum because I wanted advice on any writing questions I may have. I don't plan on being a professional but I have a story that I feel passionate about and would really like to get it on paper.

Sean

10. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I joined primarily because I like talking to new people, and writing forums usually have greater percentages of intelligent members than most other forums where people my age go.

11. gob

gob New Member

I want to learn how to write well and I find solitary study to be a bore. Acquiring knowledge through an active and vigorous exchange of ideas is much more fun to me.

12. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

I joined to post some of my work for feedback and to become a member of a solid forum such as this that deals with many aspects of writing and has members that are more than willing to critique others' work. I also wanted to hear some first hand experience on publishing and looking for agents and so far I have been pleased with the results.

I certainly plan to stay.

13. Mr Baatard

Mr Baatard New Member

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I joined because I thought exposure to other writers would be good for me.

14. Onoria Westhrop

Onoria Westhrop New Member

I joined because I am the only native speaker of English within a ten mile radius of my apartment (in a highly populated area, I might add) and I would like to share the burden of slogging through a novel with people who speak the same language as me.

I had my doubts at first because of all the teen drama, but now I'm converted. Though a bit offput by the number of people who are better than me!!!!!!

15. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Having read your work - you are a literary genius.

This tight-nit community is perfect for offering help to each other.

16. Robert

Robert Banned

This is exactly what you want from a workshopping forum - to gain access to people who are better than you. The problem comes when you reach the same level as the better members and find you gain little from continued membership, a problem that all forums experience to some degree. There's a point beyond which the returns are small. Still, until then it's a worthwhile exercise.

Cheers,
    Rob

17. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I joined as I've visited many literary discussion groups and this one seemed more convivial and less pretentious than most. Of course I also joined to hone my writing. Brazen as I am though, A third reason fro joining was because I host my own, less well-established and professional, site to very similar effect.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/cowriter

Although I would hasten to add I am categorically not here to pilfer members.

Until next we meet.

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I joined because a friend (cough, Ari, cough) told me about it. I had only just gotten the internet (don't ask) and wanted something to do, 'meet' other people and get feedback on my novel. I also get pointers that leave me going 'oh!' and send me back to the drawing board to work on my stuff so that I improve. It is aslo a fun place to hang out as well! so that's why I joined! It's a good site!

19. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

1. I joined because getting back into writing is never easy and I thought a little motivation would be good.
    2. I choose this site because it isnt confusing like some other ones I looked at.

20. Myst

Myst Active Member

-I joined because my previous forum died.

And

- The layout is very organized and there is a good amount of members

By the way, does anybody have a suggestion on other good forums? I would like to be part of more than one, if possible.

21. Isis

Isis New Member

I joined because this site is more active than the other writing sites I'm on [or, if the same amount of active a little more, um, writing oriented]. And because SnipSnap showed up here [sorry man, don't know your name] and so that in itself is a pretty good recommendation.

22. Deveron Poppy

Deveron Poppy New Member

I have only just joined, but my main reasons for choosing this forum were;

I want to write, and be among other writers, exchanging feedback and learning from each other.

I need to learn a lot more about agents and publishers.

Out of the forums I've checked out so far, it seemed the friendliest, and the format is the same as the book forum I belong to, so easy to navigate.

I am having a trialing month with another writing forum, and will see how that goes, but some of the threads get a bit heated, so I may opt out. However, I've only just started the trial, so will research their site more thoroughly.

23. WriterOfTheDead

WriterOfTheDead New Member

I joined because I know I'm no professional in writing but I enjoy doing it nonetheless.There are plenty of people who aren't professionals at what they do but live it out to its fullest. I'm an aspiring writer seeking help from others who know what they're doing. Family and friends aren't all that likely to give you meaningful critisism or anything. Chances are they'll tell you it's great. No matter how nuch of a complete wreck they truely thought it was, if you know what I mean. I enjoy reading others work, and critiquing it. There are many reasons and I could go on and on...but hey who wants to read my ramblings? :)

2 I used to be on writingforums.com but it went 'belly-up' and is down. I had a lot of my work there and a lot of helpful people. However to my greatest surprise and pleasure, people comment back faster As Lioness1612 said

I completely agree and cannot agree more. It's a sort of dread. Especially when what you've wrote sits and grows staler by the minute as time continues to tick onwards. It almost makes you wonder...Was it really that bad? Eventually someone will write back but it takes ages. I'm glad to see people are more delighted and quick to answer than my last sight. :D

24. Renos

Renos New Member

In my demonic realm, hiding from my hellish realit
    same here, i really havn't decided on this place yet but i'm sure i'll warm up to it. :)

25. je33ie

je33ie New Member

I'm here because I'm struggling to live without wf.com and this was the best alternative.

I bet this forum's suddenly become a lot more popular in the last 24 hours!