Why do I enjoy hurting myself?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John-Wayne, May 21, 2018.

1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I think if you sit down with an artist you feel comfortable with,
    you can possibly get a deal on multiple works.

It can be tough to find a good artist that isn't at least 100$ an hour
    or more. But the more you pay the better it will look and last in the
    long run. :)

honey hatter and John-Wayne like this.
  2. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

So what your saying is I should pay the artist $1000 dollars to make sure it goes in a straight line.

Cave Troll and John-Wayne like this.
  3. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

You and Jackie Chan are birds of a feather, I think he's broken every bone in his body. Dear God I hope that never happens to me I like my bones the way they are. I don't mind most of my blood looking for an exit but I draw the line at my bones looking for an exit!

4. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Maybe I'll like getting a tattoo so much that I'll be biting my lip trying not to blush. If I get thousands of tiny tattoos that could work, I wonder if the tattoo artist will catch on. They won't care they'll be extremely rich.

5. Cave Troll

No. Do a consultation and get them to draw up the designs and everything.
    They use heat transfer paper that they use as a stencil on the skin so they
    aren't free handing the whole thing. Each one of your tats would be about
    100-150$ a piece from a good artist, and be less than an hour most likiely
    for each, or you might get them done all at once and save on hourly rates.
    Maybe a couple, 3 hours tops, and hopefully a 2 week free color fill once it
    passes 2 weeks from when you get the tats, for touch up. Sometimes color
    doesn't fill out the first time, so you might ask about a free touch up on
    that. So no, it would not be anywhere near $1G if you plan it out right. :)

And if you have concerns about how/where hurts the most to get inked, you
    can research all that stuff ahead of time. People share their exp. of where they
    got tatted and how it felt. Also scope out a shop that follows all the safety protocols,
    cause some places make their own needles sometimes and that is not good.
    So got a bit of home work to do, and good luck on getting your ink. :)

Shenanigator and honey hatter like this.
  6. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

lol I'm a weekend warrior. Chan is the real deal. That's like comparing a guy who plays informal basketball at the Y to Lebron James

John-Wayne and honey hatter like this.
  7. Cave Troll

I feel pretty good after that. Impact isn't my thing, but damn what a rush
    after 52-55 minutes. :p

Not the prettiest girl but she endured. :p A-1-4-1.jpg
    I think it was worth it in the end. Sleep is gonna be fun. :D
    A-1-4.jpg

honey hatter likes this.
  8. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Fuck the happiness thread for landing me here. I'm morbidly curious, morbid and m... can't come up with another word on m.

I'll return to the subject once I get home from work, though! Though going to my job is self harm in it's own way...

9. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I was talking about doing that to myself earlier today, looks painful. I prefer sharp pain dragging like a blade ending in blood or the pain of a bite. Not sure what kind of pain that is... I'll need a description.

Cave Troll likes this.
  10. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

This is broadly the only answer you need to the question of why pain feels good.

It's all about delicious neurochemicals, like dopamine (it's like heroin your body makes for itself!), which get released both in response to pleasure and in response to pain. It's the reason why getting hurt a little bit feels really very painful, but getting really hurt tends not to feel like all that much. If you get shot or stabbed you tend to just go numb and floaty, a lot of the time people don't even realise they are injured after a car crash. That's because your brain just got doused in exciting chemicals. So there's always been a connection between pleasure and pain, so long that we've seen it for the whole of recorded history. You don't even have to be kinky to know the feeling of pain being something more positive. Whether it's really feeling the burn on a treadmill, or giving birth, the hurt can feel good sometimes.

Especially if you have a *ahem* different kind of brain then pain can do lots of stuff for you, but for me it always boiled down to needing to force myself to focus on something immediate and push bad stuff out of my head. Obsessively focusing on things that I can't change but can't deal with is normally when I acquire a new scar. Not often, fortunately. But it is a rush to feel that screaming flare of pain as your heart races and you can taste adrenaline. I think for a lot of people it does something that is lacking a bit with our problems. Depression is something nasty, but it's not something that's super acute and proximate, it's more ambient and long lasting. So having something that flips your body out of malaise and into immediate fight or flight mode does I think go a long way to help push away the black clouds. It takes you from feeling helpless and lost to being fighting something. Myself I never really liked cutting, I prefer burns; a knife blade in a lighter mostly. They scar up really very nicely, kinda ghostly white slashes that never tan. I have six down my arm and about the same down my leg.

As for the sadomasochistic thing; well that's just an extension of the things above. Pain makes things feel intense, and can certainly make you feel a rush or just actively feel good. It's difficult for me to really understand the masochistic mindset, because I don't possess it, but even for me I have certainly had intense and exciting sexual experiences that in the moment I didn't even realise were painful. Being bitten and scratched when I already had my blood up felt pretty good. It's not really my thing, but it's not bad. I remember things like someone really biting my shoulder during sex and a day later having a solid purple mass of bruise across my shoulder and chest. Equally I have a few scars on my other arm from being bitten. And then there was a notable occasion where I pulled a muscle in my stomach during sex but didn't realise until I woke up and couldn't move. At the time I was just, if you'll pardon the expression, pushing through it.

But of course there is more to masochism than just the actual physical pain. I know there are some people who just explicitly enjoy all pain, but they are in the minority. Context certainly helps pain to feel positive. So does psychology. There isn't a single easy thing to connect up all the dots. For almost everyone it's that mix of physical intensity and psychological enjoyment. I suspect, although don't know, that to most it's not even really the pain that feels good, it's doing stuff that to them is something alluring or exciting that coincidentally hurts. It doesn't feel very realistic to see some submissive looking at board with nails in it and thinking "Wow I bet that would really hurt if mistress hit me with that, I must have it". I think it's much more on the order of "You get the paddle if you've been very bad...".

And of course you can combine all of this stuff together. There is some sense of 'good pain' in sex situations of course, and some sense of cathartic release too. It's all very individual. Out in the bondage community (*shudders*) you see people refer to Therapy Spanking; essentially the point being to get spanked until you cry and have your dom kiss it better after. Because crying is a positive thing sometimes, especially if you have stuff stuck in your head. Is that pleasure? Well, that's hard to say. But for some it's a release valve. For others its just exciting. For other still it's more because they like how being treated roughly makes them feel more than the actual roughness.

The one thing that is really certain here is that some people like it. So that's ok then :D

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  11. Cave Troll

With the rope whip, it varied on where it hit.
    The lower down it was more sharp, and across
    the shoulders and spine more of a slap. After about
    15-20 minutes it started to burn pretty good, and
    almost felt like the skin was cracked.
    Kept up a steady 2 strokes a second, with a few
    10-20 seconds every so often using both hands
    near the end (and in the middle for stronger
    power strokes at about 1.5 per second), and those
    were not as bad as the little bit lighter ones.

What you can't see very well are the little bumps.
    that raised up making me brail.

I paced around the playroom, let my playlist run,
    and just kinda took it. :p

At first I thought it was annoying, a while later I was
    laughing a bit. Somewhere in the middle I wanted
    to get in fight, and by the end I got a bit bored and
    my wrist got rubbery and I was flush and sweating.
    Figured it was a natural point to just stop, when
    I started to feel warm and sweating despite not being
    in a hot room. :)

Not sure how long the residual burn will last, but I slept
    pretty good. :)

12. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Does any of the bruises extend to any of the ribs? Is tt just muscle deep? Can you sleep comfortably on your back after that?

It looks painful also it sounds more strenuous, I never got much of a workout from cutting, maybe I've been doing it wrong.:D

Side note, I've now got a trigger. My neck where the carotid arteries run and branch. My trigger is sometimes when I'm walking out in the world, excitement can trigger me to feel the blood running through my veins in my neck, as well as feeling the actual vein itself. In those moments I have to method act if I'm walking the aisle of a grocery store. Calm on the surface raging storm underneath. If I was in the bread aisle and I had a trigger and I didn't control my exterior emotion, somone would see me put on a show, because I just ripped the rack off the wall holding all the bread, I also grabbed as much bread as I could in my hands and was crushing it. The other person witnessing this might say "your buying all that bread." The trigger in my neck can even feel like a vampire bite. I've never met or heard of anyone with this ability. I have it but I have little to no control over it.

In sharing of blood there was more adrenaline when I let the other person use the blade on me. It hurts more because your not at the wheel, but there's also a trade off of extra everything in emotion. That doubles even more once they taste blood. It's nice having a donor. It absolutely has to be somone you can trust. I can't just let any Jack the Ripper off the street cut me. Also the question of blood disorders both sides get there blood tested often. No one wants to hurt the other in unforeseen blood disorder feeding. Also knowing where to cut and how deep you can go is need to know, lots of research. For instance we never wanted to do the neck even though it would've been very vampire "I think you went too deep on my neck" *feels like a human water sprinkler as I paint the walls with my blood* Nobody wants to add homicide to there list of kinks. LOL. Very interesting CT given me lots to thinks about. I'm glad you like what you do, I get you. *grins* keep being you. Gotta go my uncle is in from out of town haven't seen him in a while it going to be fun.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Cave Troll likes this.
  13. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I've been suicidal since I was about 11, so there's been a lot of times when I harmed myself to "release" some pain.

I've been though both cutting and burning, but luckly I'm a bit of a pussy, so I barely got any scars to show for it.

As an adult I tend to shame myself too much to even dare doing anything. I'm still tempted all too often, but I don't trust myself living alone.

I can't take pain very well, so I tend not to incorporate it into my sex ife. That said...

You can still kiss it better, even when I'm just being whiney :whistle:

14. LostThePlot

You always get kisses anyway :blowkiss:

PoemNerd212 and honey hatter like this.
  15. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Can i get a kiss to? My dark kisses could be considered self harm if the other person asked for it *Licks her fangs.* My body is ready, is yours?

PoemNerd212 likes this.
  16. LostThePlot

Sadly I only have lips for @Lemie . But I bet you Dr CaveTroll would hook you up ;)

17. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

It would be less of a hook up, more off a feet first into the incinerator after i'm done. CT you ready for that kind of commitment? LOL People usually go screaming into the night that only makes me want to chase them more. If they just walked away slowly saying sounds you might say to a hungry panther, then maybe they might survive. Sadly none of my inner city victims watches the nature channel.

Cave Troll likes this.
  18. Cave Troll

Didn't know I was your type. :)

honey hatter likes this.
  19. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Tech support is at the top of my list. "Teach me how to use scrivener before I kill you." "What's that? Nono you must be mistaken. I said teach me to use scrivener or I kill you. Not much motivation to help me if you know I'm going to drain you drier than Death Valley." *grins*

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Cave Troll

Sweeten the deal, and you got it. ;)

honey hatter likes this.
  21. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I did learn a few things from the Marquis De Sade in the early 1800's shortly before his death. Also the Spanish Inquisition got a hold of me in the early 1500's they paid dearly for there treachery! What I learned there in the trade of my flesh for pain, I do not believe you could withstand or endure. There is only so much you fragile humans can take, they broke me for years. My body knitted itself back together effort there eyes confirming there suspicions that I was unnatural. Upping the ante. *waves a hand bowing with a flourish* Your wish is my command, only so long as you do not expire under the pressure I bring to bear.

22. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

No joy in pain for me, but I do have this amazing talent that I never brag about: I, like no one else, can fuck myself up in a glorious fashion. If shooting myself in the foot were an art, I'd be the next Van Gogh.

23. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

Yup. I'm there with you. This is like my theme song.

"I don't need no help, I can sabotage me by myself."

Shenanigator and John-Wayne like this.
  24. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

This new me is so new i don't even know what i'm going to do from one second to the next. I do know that i'm no longer looking backwards, I may look forwards a little bit but that's only for things i have planned. Mostly i'm trying to live 1 second per 1 second with joy shining out of my heart and blood flowing down my mouth and throat.

The old me used to hold all the pain in for years at a time. I drove a wooden stake through the old me. I'm moving onto greater things, i hope.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Some Guy and John Calligan like this.
  25. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

Staring at the thread tags...

Why is this thread tagged “fuck me”