1. pixi

pixi New Member

It is a truth universally acknowledged...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pixi, Apr 9, 2014.

... That all new members should introduce themselves.

So this is me, introducing myself. Clearly, my name is not really Pixi, but we'll go with that since I bet half the members would have a hard time pronouncing my real name, which is South African. That's where I'm from, you see.

I've written in English before, but it is not my mother tongue (a term I've always found far too visual for my tastes) and I am interested in learning to be a better writer. I'm published in my home language (which is Afrikaans, if there is anybody interested in looking it up) but the English market is bigger and hopefully better paying. I'm an active participant on another forum or two, but I want to spread out a bit.

More than anything, I hope to make friends here. Recently, I visited America and some friends I made on one of the other forums and it was such an enriching experience that I want to rinse and repeat.

I'm currently twenty six years old and female. I expect the age to change, but here's to hoping the gender will always stay the same. Thank you for actually spending all the time reading through the short version of my life story, and I hope you have a lovely (insert time of day here.)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, pixi, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules and the FAQ, participate, and have fun.

I have to say, you've posted one of the funnier new member introductions I've seen! I'll look forward to seeing you around! :)