1. PensiveQuill

PensiveQuill Senior Member

Hi,

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PensiveQuill, Jul 15, 2014.

I've signed up to just be more in the mindset about writing more often. It's something I've always wanted to do but never found the time for. Not that I'm actually short of time, it just one of those things that I'll always do 'later'. Bit like my yoga practice, tomorrow is the perfect time to start.

Okay so now I've admitted I'm a great procrastinator and a lame writer then I guess we can on with who I am. A middle aged Australian putting off living the life I want in favour of the one I've got. Another fantasy genre tragic who dreams of stardom without doing any of the work involved. Until now that is. Now I'm making myself write daily, just to do something in the direction of my dreams.

So Hi, I'm sure you'll see me around. Hopefully.

2. purplehershey

purplehershey New Member

Welcome!

This forum has actually helped me a lot with procrastination. I find if I'm drifting off when writing, searching the internet, etc, I come here and then at least I'm learning something new. I'll read something cool that inspires me to then go back to my writing.

It works, I'm telling ya.

3. Amanda_Geisler

Amanda_Geisler Senior Member

Welcome
    Whereabouts in Australia are you? I live near Townsville. Procrastination is often a big problem, I am actually in a bout of it myself at the moment, I have barely written 2,000 words in the last 2 weeks and I know I can write 10,000 words easily in that time. It gets the best of us. I'm so close to finishing the 1st draft of this project too

anyways if you haven't found it already there is a new member guide here; https://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/

I'll see you around
    Amanda

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @PensiveQuill, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide; it'll get you up and running.

Participate and enjoy! :)

5. PensiveQuill

Great! I look forward to getting a kick up the backside everytime I waste a few hours on the net, doing...well nothing. I've started reading the threads and found a few interesting ones already. I like the spirit of this forum.

6. PensiveQuill

Hi Amanda,

I'm in Adelaide now. I recently moved here from the big smoke. I haven't seen the sun since the start of June and it's very cold compared to what I'm used to. But it gives me a lot of excuse to be indoors tapping away at a keyboard. I always found it hard to write when the weather was brilliant and I could plant tomatoes or daffodils or something. Now, I have no excuse.

Now to check out that start guide...

7. Artist369

Artist369 Active Member

Welcome from the other side of the world! It's never too late to follow your dreams. I've seen everyone I know fall short of what they wanted to be when they grow up (astronaught, ballerina, baseball player, etc.). I've been doing my dream job of illustrating for 3 years now. Now I've caught the writing bug (thanks to working with writers on a regular basis). I've learned that I can do anything I want with my life if I put enough work into, so don't let anything stop you. Reach for those stars! XD Wishing you luck! I know I could use some.