1. mercy

mercy New Member

blogs - reviews

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mercy, Jan 3, 2008.

Hi all.

As I stated before I am kind of new here. I'm still trying to get into the swing of things. I was just wondering...When someone post a story as a blog, instead of in the review room, are the still looking for the work to be edited?

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I am not sure actually, Mercy. I think not really, if they want a review then it'll go in the review room.

3. mercy

mercy New Member

oops - sorry Sir Ender

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Sir Ender?

5. Zetta

Zetta New Member

I think, In Ender's case, he put it in his blog because it was a little lengthy. But in any situation, a person who puts their work up on their blog should expect the odd review. So don't worry about it, Mercy.

He posted some of his work on his blog. Once chapter consisting of about five posts or so. I was wondering whether to leave him a review, as well.

6. mercy

mercy New Member

It will drive me crazy to see grammar mistakes, and not help the person out by correcting them. What exactly is a person looking for when posting a story in a blog? General comments, just sharing a story, or what?

Fragment - oops

I would want someone to help me out if they saw a mistake.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You can almost always send a PM to the blog owner if you spot mistakes or have suggestions. But if the blog entry invites opinions, by all means post them as blog comments.

My position is that if someone is really looking for a review, they will use the Review Room. However any work posted on the site is fair game for comments, although if it's a contest entry it may be most sporting to wait for the contest to conclude.

By the way, you will discover that you must break a story into smaller pieces to post it in the blog as opposed to posting it in the Review Room forums, because the size limit for a single blog entry is lower than for a post.

8. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Oh well in Sir Ender's case he put the story there so I could read it. Its a story he didn't feel was going any where and he stopped working on it.
    You see we tried to e-mail each other and it didn't work.
    So he had to put it in his blog.
    lol!
    Um yeah...sorry about that.
    :)

9. Sir Ender

Sir Ender New Member

Well, I wasn't looking for any specific review, but I'm always looking for comments and such.

I was thinking about putting it in the Review Room, but yeah, for only one chapter, as Zetta said, it's pretty lengthy.