1. DifeTig

DifeTig Active Member

Why No Flash Non Fiction Section?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DifeTig, Jan 30, 2022.

I came to this site for help and support while working on my memoir. I also honestly haven't been using the site to the fullest. But my problem is my book style is vignettes and flash pieces, that are also non fiction. I find myself giving more feedback to the flash fiction side, because the pieces are generally shorter than the exerpts in the memoir category. There are some small pieces, but they also usually won't be written as flash.

Is it just not worth it to add a non fiction flash section? That's where I'd fit best, and I'm curious about the forum not having more for that genre, since it's getting more popular.

2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

A short piece of non-fiction is just an anecdote, surely? Writing flash fiction is a particular skill (which I totally don't get and suck at).

3. NWOPD

NWOPD Administrator

While there isn't a dedicated forum for it, when you post in the By Writing Form forum, you can select Flash Fiction as a thread prefix. There is also a flash fiction writing workshop forum for feedback and critique.