1. Jayesh Sinha

Jayesh Sinha Member

Will anyone give feedback on writing?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jayesh Sinha, May 5, 2019.

Okay so I have started writing a fantasy fiction, set in middlesque times. There will be technology present, like photographs and audio msgs, etc, which I will explain later. It is the story of Emperor's and infighting and politics. I have writting the first near 2000 words. Its all the first draft so a lot is to be still desired, but I want feedback.

I have never written fiction before, so I felt this would be a good point to start getting opinions, as if I am doing some big blunders, best to correct them here. There will be plenty of mistakes mind you. Secondly based on what you read of, how interesting does the story seem? Does it make you want to know more, or seems too boring. Be honest with your feedback. If its crap, tell me its crap.

Here is what I have written so far -

edited by mod, workshop requirements not met.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2019
  2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    @Jayesh Sinha, you need to have two weeks'membership and twenty posts before you can post your work for critique and feedback, and all such posts need to be in the Workshop. In addition, you need to have given at least two crits for each new Workshop post.

Cave Troll and LoaDyron like this.
  3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Have a look at the New Member Start Guide, to keep you on track, Jayesh. Here's a link to that:

New Member Quick Start

You might want to also have a look at our Rules section which covers all members of the forum, not just new persons.

I'm sure we'll be happy to see your work in the Workshop, once you've fulfilled the requirements. That's what the Workshop is for: feedback. Just give feedback to others (at least two, for starters), in the same vein as you would like your feedback framed—by that, I mean thoughtful and constructive critique and not just a comment—and you'll have your foot in the door. :)

Forum Rules

Cave Troll and LoaDyron like this.
  4. Jayesh Sinha

Jayesh Sinha Member

Sure, I didn't know.

Thx

jannert and Iain Aschendale like this.
  5. Jayesh Sinha

Jayesh Sinha Member

Okay one question. When I go to the workshop, and click on novels, I don't get any option to "post new threads" like I do in the other forums. Is this because the account isn't 14 days old, and once it is, the option will auto appear after that.

Or is it that I need to seek the permission to be able to post in Workshop after 14 days?

6. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    It should appear after the fourteen day mark. The forum software runs on its own clock, so it might be closer to the fifteen day mark from wherever your sitting, but if it goes beyond that, drop us a line (here is fine or by PM) and we'll have someone go behind the back of the machine and give it a whack.

Some Guy and jannert like this.