Wills and Kate Get Hitched ~ The Royal Wedding Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ashleigh, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I found it amusing when I was watching it when they were like 'I have just been told that blah blah is wearing a blah blah dress' etc. (I really don't care who their dresses were designed by, I hadn't even heard of the designers, or what material they are etc. - they all looked nice) and the hats... some were ridiculous.

I liked the RAF display though. :)

I wonder how long it'll be on the news. Yesterday, it was literally 'The news: The Royal Wedding', oh and a tiny bit on the tornadoes in America. I think I'll avoid watching the news for a few days.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Anyone else noticed that the govt used the event to bury the bad news on the NHS? Hmmmm...

3. nightguard

nightguard New Member

I was lucky that I was on a night shift the day before. Went bed at 5am got up at 1pm so missed it. Although it was still on the pub TV later on (muted gladly) but I noticed that the public being interviewed were either girls of around 10 years old or elderly women who 'I like a good wedding, they make me cry.'
    I'm on day shift today and it was all over the breakfast news. When will the media realize that not everybody cared about it.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The Guardian's website did have a "Republicans click here" button on their site, which made all of the Royal Wedding news disappear. I thought that was a nice touch.

5. nightguard

nightguard New Member

would be nice to be able to do that with the TV too. Had to resort to watching shopping channels. :)