1. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Contest Winner! Winner of Flash Fiction Contest #69 - Volcanic Duck

Discussion in 'Monthly Flash Fiction Contest' started by thirdwind, Aug 15, 2019.

A big congrats to @Volcanic Duck for winning this contest! It's awesome to see a new member winning the contest. You can read the winning story here.

@Wreybies, please crown the champ.

2. dbesim

dbesim Contributor Contributor

Congratulations @Volcanic Duck ! That’s a pretty strong entry as far as first entries go. I liked how the point of the story had less to do with the mystery of what was in that package than the strange effect it was having on the protagonist.

I voted for A Thing For Billie by @Hammer because I enjoyed the correlation of the theme with the animal world and it was somewhat funny.

There were several strong stories, however. It was an interesting theme and there were plenty of interesting interpretations!

Mish likes this.
  3. Mish

Mish Member

Congrats @Volcanic Duck! That was a pretty original piece of work and I enjoyed reading it.

Although, I voted for Office Space No. 29 by @Stephen Barnard. I found your story to be very interesting and inspiring. Your story made me feel guilty for putting such little effort into my own entry. It actually inspired me to write a short story, which I may post in the workshop section some time. I'm sorry that you did not win this contest. But for what it's worth, it's 10 out 10 from me!

Stephen Barnard likes this.
  4. Hammer

Hammer Senior Member

Thanks @dbesim - I am pleased that I made at least one person smirk, smile, or think (you can't always win 'em all as a writer). I did try to hint at gender neutrality in that piece with the name Billie although I now realise it would more usually have been spelt with a y for those carrying a y-chromosome

Congratulations to @Volcanic Duck - a very clean win and entering the forum with a bang! I hope we hear more from him.

5. Volcanic Duck

Volcanic Duck New Member

I'm really pleased to win this contest. After reading the other entries, I was pretty convinced mine would be looked over, but, hey, once in a while it pans out. I'll definitely try again. It's a good way to stay sharp by condensing your words to stay below 500. I look forward to reading more of your entries, everyone.