1. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

With A Thankful Heart

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChimmyBear, Nov 25, 2009.

We have so many threads...threads about being happy and being peeved, favorite movies and what music we are playing. LOL
    I thought I would post a formal thread giving thanks for the members of this forum.
    I just want to say that I am so grateful I became a part of this Writing Forum well over a year ago. Everyone is friendly, you support each other's creativity and you do so with a gentle approach. We can be forthcoming and yet it is safe. With your help and honestly I have grown as a writer.

On a side note, where else can you go and find support for your writing while being encouraged concerning a personal drama?

Thank you all so much for being a friend and for being a fantastic support to one another. It is encouraging to see the positive side of human nature at work. :)

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ah, the Thread of Thanks.

Let's see....

You all know that I work from home, so I don't have an office life and as much of a goof as I often am, I don't socialize very much where I live because the subtle nuances that make for jokes over beers are lost on me as everyone slips into the colloquial Spanish mode.

So, my thanks to everyone here for never making me feel like a big nerd when I am the biggest nerd ever.

Thanks to those who have given an ear when I needed to blow off some steam and had no one in the flesh to turn to in that moment.

Thanks for turning to me when you needed to blow off some steam. The implied compliment in that kind of confidence is not lost on me.

Thanks for being yourselves and not worrying about being embarrassed.

Thanks for playing my little What if? threads that sometimes seem so random, but I promise always have meaning to me.

Thank you for posted hugs and well wishes.

Thanks for laughing with and not at.

And at the risk of sounding a bit of a suckup, thanks to those who have understood and upheld the tone and intent of this forum.

Many thanks to all. :D

3. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

There aren't very many people in my life that I consider real friends. There are people that I enjoy hanging out with, people that I know well, but people that I really trust to open up to or go to when I have a problem, not so much. However, I always know that the people here at WF will be there if I need to vent, am looking for advice, or just need a shoulder to cry on. This may be sappy, but it means more to me than my friends on here could ever know that I have you guys to count on. So thanks, all of you, for being such amazing, supportive people. :)

4. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus New Member

I'd like to thank you all for putting your writing out there for the world - or at the very least, this site - to see. I'd like to thank you all for being brave, for being here. You, every one of you, make this site what it is. Individually you are great; collectively you are fantastic. So thanks. For being here, and making this place what it is. :)

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

All right, here goes.

Ever since I joined this forum back in the summer, it's been a place like no other. It's my haven, my sanctuary. It's my best-kept secret, because I don't want anyone taking this place away from me or barging into it.

I am so thankful to all of you that offered your support during my dad's job scare this summer. He still has a job and I still have my sanity, thanks to you all. :)

I'm thankful that there's always supportive ears around when you need to vent, or when you're bursting with happiness.

I'm thankful because this forum is full of amazing people with incredible and distinct personalities, and we all feel like a family here in our little section of the Web. I'm glad that I can trust and confide to everyone here, and revel in beautiful and imaginative writings, great advice, and fun times.

Looking back, I am grateful that I decided to take the plunge and join this site, because at first I wasn't sure if I would stick around or not. I'm grateful for the recommendation (thanks Hedgehog! :)) and I'm so happy that I have a billion reasons to stay for a long time to come.

Thank you all, and Happy Thanksgiving!

6. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

And so a tender heart enjoys the company of kin....

Very ponderous and poignant thoughts surely worth a tear or two; very nice thanks fellow writers.

I have not been around the forums long, a couple of months I suppose, but I can attest to have been readily accepted by the veterans most kind of this bountiful of sites, and so I am thankfully for those that would banter back and forth with me and afford me a pensive or amusing moment, and lift my woes, or perhaps deepen them, haha

A very appreciative thank you to ChimmyBear for being one of my first friends on here.
    And of course HiddenNovelist, Jonathan, and marina.

I am sorry I have not contributed much to the forums, but perhaps soon.

Happy Holidays to all.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I'm thankful to the members of this forum (present and past) that have been there for me through some pretty hard and stressful times. I would never have managed to get through those times without all your kindness.

8. ChimmyBear

Oh my goodness, what an awesome response. This is why I posted this thread.

Wrey, you brought up a good point when you made mention of having others turn to you for a listening ear. It has been a joy for me to be there for all of you. I have learned the value of friendship and the reality to being a "real" person in this part of the internet world.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and I hope you all have a truly amazing Holiday Season this year.

9. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

I'm thankful for this place for giving me a voice and a place without otherwise I would have felt very lost.
    I'm thankful for meeting some truly inspiring people and friends.
    I'm thankful for all I have learned from the members here both in writing skills and in everyday experiences.
    I'm thankful for the unusually professional quality here, from the moderating to the weekly contests that are hosted. It takes a great deal of time surely, and the dedication is moving.
    I'm thankful for the uplifting aura that exists here. Someone will always pick you up when you're down and celebrate with you when you're overjoyed. And there is always an interesting question to answer or topic to discuss.
    I'm thankful for the opportunities this site has brought. I never anticipated having friends all over the globe.
    I'm thankful for the fantastic conversations I have been privleged to take part in here.
    And I'm thankful for each and every one of you, for the beauty of this place does not lie on the shoulders of any one person. You, individually, complete it.

I have learned so much.

It was like finding a jewel among countless rhinestones to find such an amazing community.

10. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I'm thankful for writingforums.. eh.. because.. it gives me something slightly socially interactive to do in the evening?

Also for supporting my writing, even though I'm too shy to ever go forth and ready it for publication.

Haha.

11. Jester

Jester New Member

I'm thankful to have found a place that is simply more than a self-gratifying gallery of a user's own work. I appreciate that this is a place where a writer can truly come to improve their craft.

I also appreciate the fact I'm going to be able to keep my foot, or so it seems.

[​IMG]

I loves my feets.​

12. ChimmyBear

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! We all have so much to be thankful for. :)

[​IMG]

13. breakingwave

breakingwave New Member

I'm thankful for lots of things but being able to have a productive place to string together some thoughts and stories is right up there. Happy Thanksgiving my fellow writers and thank you for being here.

14. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

I'm thankful for this board, its members and the excellent work done by the moderators, for making this a forum well worth participating in. I tend to be more of a lurker, but this board is both welcoming and constructive.