1. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Seeking the bigger self Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

an oasis of PC midst right-wing extremism
    Currently Reading::
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

WordPress Query

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by GrahamLewis, May 13, 2020.

Anyone here use WordPress for a blog? I use it, hosted by Bluehost. That's the end of my technical knowledge. there is a dashboard that let's me easily edit and create posts, and insert forms. I can't get to it anymore, and neither WP (they say it's a host problem) or Bluehost (I gave up) has been helpful.. I wasted the better part of day and most of my sanity exploring all the places to go on the site. I'm pretty sure it's a simple one tab step, but I can't find it.

2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

It'll be a bluehost problem, because they're the ones running the software. Wordpress won't help you. When you say you can't get to it, what do you mean? You can't log in to your dashboard, or you can't view the site?

3. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Seeking the bigger self Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    When I used it for the first two weeks, I somehow had a dashboard/screen that had "+" signs on it so I could add either a page or a form -- I installed one form from there and was going to do another today. I have a dashboard that runs down the left side and from which I can install or edit pages. But I have a WPForm ready to go but I can't find a way to add it to the blog. I guess I'll go back to the Bluetooth site and see what I can find, but I think I've tried about every permutation of "site" buttons there is.

4. GrahamLewis

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    BTW I also have jetpack installed.

But I may switch to walking around with signboards instead of blogging. It's cheaper and I mostly know how to do that.

5. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

I just looked at my dashboard. Are you talking about the WP Admin page? If you type your URL plus /wp-admin/ on the end, it'll take you to the old version of the current home page, I think. I'm probably misunderstanding 100% what your issue is, but I used to use the older version of the dashboard because I preferred it.

6. GrahamLewis

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    I think I figured it out. But it's a much longer around way than the one I used before. I don't know if this is "new" one or the "old" but it works, albeit the other one seemed much more intuitive. So I'll plod on. Thanks for checking. I'm too brain-dead right now to go back in there tonight. I published the post and that's all that matters.

Dogberry's Watch likes this.