1. Hublocker

Hublocker Active Member

They are publishing my book in spring 2024

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Hublocker, Aug 23, 2023.

I've been told the publisher is finally, three years after the first query and numerous edits later with one more under way, running my book this spring.

This is what they are putting out in their Spring catalogue:

Past the End of the Road - An untamed youth in mid-century Port Hardy recounts a free-range adolescence in mid-century Port Hardy on northern Vancouver Island, at a time when with no roads south, the town was only connected to the rest of the island by air and sea and the Union steamship was the main mode of travel to and from the sleepy logging village.

Michel Drouin’s frank and humorous memoir recounts the freedom of his childhood in midcentury Port Hardy. When he was twelve, Drouin and his friend rowed a small boat from town 10 kilometres across the Goletas Channel for a day trip to the Gordon Group of islands, without even bringing water to drink, as neither he or his friend owned a canteen and “plastic water bottles hadn’t been invented yet.”

Drouin’s adolescence encompassed hunting, fishing, firewood cutting, and more activities that although common at the time are probably foreign to most Canadian children. Although he ultimately prospered, the wildness of Drouin’s youth led to some close calls, such as when the young man accidentally lit himself on fire and he was only able to extinguish himself by running to the beach—“fortunately, the tide was in”—and flinging himself into the ocean.

2. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

Congratulations! Love the blurb.

w. bogart likes this.
  3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Wow, great news! I remember you talking about it some years back. It's been a long tough road it sounds like, but glad to see you've made it!

4. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Congratulations! That is wonderful news, Hublocker.