?

What genre of play-by-post RPG would you be interested in playing?

1. Fantasy

19 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. Science Fiction

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Horror

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Mystery

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. Romance

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Other (Please specify)

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Resurrecting the Dead (RPG Section Rebuild!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EFMingo, Mar 4, 2020.

Hey everyone, as a new moderator here, I want to try and take on one of the sections of the forum that I grew up on, but has long since died: the RPG section.

When I first came on this site, quite a few years ago, it was a busy place in there, housing RPGs ranging from the usual fantasy sort, to science fiction, mystery, and even romance. It's originally what got me into fantasy writing, and is one of the greatest tools I've had for learning how to control a few characters within a group, and adapt to wild changes and action. I made a lot of good friends from those old RPGs, and I miss having that exciting environment to challenge my writing abilities. There used to be a solid group of consistent players at that time, but most have moved on. Now the section is a ghost town. I think that seriously needs to change.

Currently, a new member @Viserion , has spearheaded this revival with a solid RPG taking place in George R. R. Martin's realm of ASoIaF, which I've gladly decided to create a character in and join. It can be found here:

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/the-fires-of-valyria-ooc-for-fans-of-asoiaf-agot.165002/

I also urge anybody else, familiar to the RPG environment, or an old veteran, to join as well. As I said before, in these play-by-post stories, you and the other writers work to build solid stories through the game format. I've always found that it is quite the rewarding experience. I want to share this excellent experience I had when I first got here, and bring this section back to its former self.

I will also be starting my own RPG in three months time as the GM, but I need to know what sort of RPG members here are interested in. I gave a few options in the poll to choose from, but there many other types to choose from, and the choices for the poll are unlimited. Please let me know if any potential players would like play, and if you have any preferences. Also, if you have any intention to start a RPG please post it as a new thread in the RPG section. There is a phenomenal and immersive guide to running a successful RPG to found stickied up in the section as well for anyone who hasn't attempted GM'ing before, or needs a reference. I will gladly review and approve any new games to be started!

Anyways, enough rambling from me. Come join us over in the RPG section and let's get the old grounds rebuilt!

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Gamer alert! New Role Playing Games are starting up on the forum. :) Thanks, EF....

Viserion likes this.