Tags:
  1. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

World of Warcraft! =D

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alice in Wonderland, Apr 1, 2007.

Who plays it? Who likes it? Who hates it? Who's never heard of it!? (As if. xD)

I like Wow even though I haven't really played in much. I've played the games for PC that weren't online and I liked those too so I guess online was they next 'fun level' up. xD

I've heard that a lot of the players take it too seriously and there is even a server where you can roleplay as if that world was reality. :S I find that a little creepy.

2. Alice in Wonderland

It's an MMORPG. Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Basically you make a character and go around doing quests andstuff. There is a lot more to it though. It's quite addictive and you don't realise how long you've been on for. I think someone died from not eating and sleeping while playing... But other that that it's fun. xD

3. Alice in Wonderland

Any game that you have to pay a subscriptiong for would be better than runescape. xD Runescape is naff. There is a similar game to warcraft that is free called SilkRoad.

4. Alice in Wonderland

If only. xD I got to level 5 a while ago then someone killed me so I gave it up. xD

5. Alice in Wonderland

xD If you ever do get the urge to play, don't bother. There are a lot of better games/sites out there. xD

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    WoW website: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml

WOW is an online multi-million-player game, set in a fantasy world of Azeroth. It is also one of the more successful computer games in history.
    Basically you pick one of two sides, the Horde (Trolls, Undead, Blood Elves, Orcs, and Tauron), or the Alliance (Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, and Draenei), make a character picking race, class, and looks, and then you start out a level zero, killing innocent forest animals. You slowly (or quickly, depending on how much of a life outside of the game you have) move up in levels by completing quests, and slaughtering computer opponents. You can kill other players if they are from the opposing side, I forget if you get experience points for that or just honour.
    Some servers have it a full on roleplaying. You talk like your character, make up a story line, and treat it as real. Most servers just let you run around and kill things without caring about being in character.

I used to play it a little. One of my University roommates was really into it. But since I look at computer games as a way to avoid dealing with people, multi-player games like that where some things just can't be completed without an enormous group, just didn't appeal to me. So once I had to go out and buy it I said forget that.
    And at least two Chinese people have died playing WOW. They simply forgot about vital things like, food, water, sleep, bathrooms, and died after marathon sessions, lasting over a week. Others have simply forgotten what the sun looks like except to go to work, buy the basic necessities of life as necessary.
    I have no problem with the roleplaying. I used to really be into Dungeon and Dragon type games, but a small number of WOW players are nuts.

7. Alice in Wonderland

Domoviye, The alliance held a funeral for someone how died from playing WoW and the Horde trashed it. There are vids on YouTube. It was quite funny but a little sad as well. D=

I can't wait until I can start fighting alongside other players. ^^ I'm a Draenai Priest in the game.

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

You're kidding right.
    God some things are really pathetic. I have to go see the video now.

9. Alice in Wonderland

It gets funnier every time I think about it. xD Maybe I'll post the video here some time...

There is also a vid I saw of this little gnome mage who has loads of people after him and is just jumping around being a cheeky buggar. D= That made me laugh a lot too.

Some people have no lives!! I hope I don't get like that. >.<

10. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Just remember one thing. If you start missing meals, a small nail hammer to the right hand will keep you from using your mouse properly. In the time it takes to heal you should be over your addiction.

Edit: don't ask how I know this.

11. Alice in Wonderland

o.< I'd never forget to eat! Eating and sleeping is what I do best! =D I don't really like the idea of my right side being stricken with any object! Or my left side...

12. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Well China has, or will be making it soon, a new law that any computer games must not be allowed to run for more then eight hours at a time. After eight hours they must turn off for a certain length of time.

13. Alice in Wonderland

Are the games going to just turn off? Or are they going to enforce this law by having police in every house? D=

14. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

The programming will turn the games off. At least thats the idea.

15. Alice in Wonderland

It's there own fault to be honest. D= NEVER obsess over WoW. xD It makes you crazeh. D=

16. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

People have died playing WoW. There have been suicides.

My boyfriend plays WoW.

I fear for his life.

lol.

17. Roxie

Roxie Active Member

I have played it, been in a few guilds. Had some good runs. Got shiny items. But in the end it takes too much time and requires a good group of at least 25 players to accomplish the raids.

18. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I like playing wow, but I only kidnap my Boyfriends computer so I can play it... which has been a while since that last happened! I havn't gotten seriously addicted to it, but i'm a bit worried about my Boyfriend. He plays it when he can! I told him that I wasn't being second to a game unless I had it as well but what irritates me is that when he has to go cook some meat, or if it's time to eat tea, I have to call him a thousand times and actually go in there and tell him to move his butt!
    But if a game like this, however good it may be, it should not replace your life and drive you away from loved ones. So I might be a WoW widow, but I can still make him cook tea!!! mwhahahaha! Oh and I'm a 19 rouge! and he is a lvl 58 Mage (and a woman to add shock! o_O) so in conclusion (finally) the game is good but only to a certain extent. :) the end!

19. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

And barely any of that made sense. Ah well.... :p

20. Alice in Wonderland

Dropbear, is your boyfriend's character called Sikka? >.>

21. Frost

Frost Active Member

Small world.

Even smaller when you limit it to a computer game.
    When you turn of the electricity, you realise your not living in paradise, your living in hell.

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Nope. Colblair! oh.... I'm Ceerie.... hmmm... should I be telling you this????:eek:

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Bugger.

24. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Didn't read anything in this thread... but I've been downloading the WoW trial for over 24 hours! I think I'll hit 36 before it finishes... it's over 3 gigs! That's insane!

25. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

My god, your better off buying the bloody thing! It's fun, just make sure your computer can automatically log you off within a few hours instead of days! The hours fly by before you know it! Oh and never pick a fight with a trogg when he has half a dozen of his bestes buddies to rip you to shreds!