1. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Very Disturbing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Feb 4, 2008.

Sorry but this is very very VERY very very VERY VERY distrubing. :confused:

Wiston Churchhill a Myth?

2. d.b.potts

d.b.potts New Member

Agreed.

3. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Worlds collective IQ just dropped by... all of it. Suppose these three thousand folks think the holocaust and the American revolution were myths too eh?

4. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

If you may notice, this is consisted of 3,000 general people out of several million in Britain. As I always say there are 3 kinds of lies... lies, damn lies, and statistics. Statistics, as you may find, are usually curved and bent so that a wanted answer is achieved. The tv station could very well have found some of the dumbest people possible so they could get some sort of statistic to attack today's society. This definetley does not represent the population of Britain as a whole, so I find it very sketchy to think that the country has dwindled this low.

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

It would be nice to see what the wording of the questions asked were. Wording is very important in polls.

6. ValianceInEnd

Exactly my point. They very well could have made it confusing to get certain answers from people. It also never says if the people were actually serious when taking the poll, so they could have just been messing around with it for kicks.

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Thats how Stephen Colbert won the local mock election... I hope...

8. ValianceInEnd

All I have to say is agreed. Funny guy, not a politician. (cuz he's not a dirty scum bag ;P)

9. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Indeed.

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Terrifying. This is the kind of thing that happens in the US, not here.

11. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

u sure r rite i r an amerikan and lik i beleeve that amerika is lik the midle of all becuz it r amerika and stuff so lik dont be hatin cuz u dont liv heere and were all so smrt in amerka that it is hard 2 beleeve

that is lik why we r able 2 be classfied into one big grup in amerikka cuz lik we r all the same here k? lol!!!

12. Frost

Frost Active Member

Shut up.

In other news, this is clearly pretty rigged. As has been pointed out, you get a group of really dumb people, make the wording of each question as flowery as possible, and hey presto! You have yourself a set of shocking poll results like those. It's like when the Chasers War On Everything survey people on the streets, asking them things like "on what date did 9/11 occur?" and then only showing the wrong answers on the TV show. Rigged.

13. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Shut up? I may not be right in what I said, but neither was the guy who said that this sort of thing is better suited coming out of the United States than anywhere else. Sure, there are some idiots here, but there are idiots everywhere.

At any rate, I think you're right with what you said about this. Only bad news is news, right?

14. ValianceInEnd

Now Frost and Connolly, lets not get into a flam war here. It isn't that everyone is become stupider, its that with more people in the world there are going to be more stupid people as there always has been.

15. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Ray, Area 51 is the biggest myth of all. I've been saying it for years.

Area 51 is just a cover for Area 52.

As for the above I find the thought that anyone would say a great leader like Churchill or Ghandi were myths disturbing. Its like saying there was no Abraham Lincoln, and the Martin Luther King wasn't real. Scary stuff.

16. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Lord of Hats! You are the MAN!
    Area 51.
    Hahaha.

Anyway, Winston Churchill a myth...?!? that's just silly.

17. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Yes. I was voted most likely to uncover a government conspiracy in highschool. on my list of Idols, Fox Mulder is second only to Shigeru Mymoto and Baby Jesus with the golden dippers.

18. Lengo

Lengo New Member

Don't count on it being rigged. It may or may not be. The average IQ is just under 100. This is not very smart. Taken as a whole, humans are pretty darn stupid. They also like their comforts, and will take the easiest road to keep them. Because of these two reasons, they're easily led. Politically savvy people know this, and use it to their advantage. They 'play' people like they're fish and tell them one thing, then later on say 'that's not what I meant' and then reconvince them that what they originally said meant something else. Look at Bush's war in Iraq. When it was discovered that there were no WMDs or programs to produce them; no ties to Al Queda; and no nuclear weapons program, Bush's retort was 'Hey! I thought they had 'em. You thought they had 'em', so I did nothing wrong.' Yeah right. He coulda waited for the UN inspectors to finish their search. But, that wasn't the issue. The issue was 'I thought they had them due to poor intelligence', and no focus was given to 'why didn't you wait?'. The blame was shifted, and stupid people didn't clamor about the real issue -- letting the UN do their job.

The scary part is these not so bright people are allowed to vote! They vote their hearts and minds, not their knowlege. They have very low capacity to distinguish the best candidate. Elections are won by politicians who can speak well, spin the facts, and say what the target audience will most likely repsond positively to. Nevermind the facts. Say what the dummies want to hear, to get 'em to vote for you.

Yes, it could be rigged, but I don't think so. I'm 57 years old and I've seen enough to say with complete confidence that most people are not very bright, and some are not very educated. On the whole, they're damn stupid.

------------
    A side note, and this more facinating than the article on Quarter of Brits think Churchill was myth: poll - Yahoo! News !

On the left sidebar, there's a link to a video titled "An American Stonehenge". Check THAT out! That ought to raise the hairs on the nape of your neck!

Note also how it's reported. It plays to your fascination. It relies on speculation about magnetism and magic to help sell it. In other words, it plays to stupidity, ignorance, and superstition. Why? Because more people will talk about it, and lead more people to see the video (on their site which carries advertising -- a sellable commodity). They've dumbed down this story. This attracts far more viewers.

I rest my case!

19. ValianceInEnd

Hmmm, that looks like a cool place and if he really did build it himself then it's absolutely amazing. But, you are totally right about how ridiculously stupid it is they play on the magic/advanced technology junk. It's so true how people would talk about it more if they placed things that tap into our primeval senses of the supernatural. Still, I want to visit that place sometime.

(there's also the possibility he had help, I mean duh... :D)

20. Raven

Raven Banned

Yep!

21. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

happens anywhere... only disturbing thing about it is that it shows so many humans are inherently stupid...

22. Lengo

Lengo New Member

"Just how was all this built?"

".... but it's creation is masked in a mystery."

Yeah right! This is hype. The reporter is making more of this than it is. This kind of thing is done all the time, and it's done knowingly by the 'reporters'. Still, this one is innocuous and entertaining, but sometimes the news isn't so harmless.

The link is now moved on that page. If you want to see it, you'll find it here:

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=An%20American%20Stonehenge&type=

23. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

You know, we didn't really land on the moon.

24. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Darnit Daniel, dont make me say it again!

Area 51 is a cover for Area 52! Ergo, there never was a fake moon landing!

25. SnipSnap

SnipSnap Active Member

Lol ... you said ergo ... It would have funnier if you had said argal ... like that clown idiot in hamlet.