1. Venom.

Venom. Active Member

Infection - An Interactive story.

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Venom., Jun 10, 2011.

I’m sitting here now...I’m not sure what I read anymore from the prints is real or not. I’ve been given the signal to leave the studio. You’re fighting something that can’t be won. The pandemic is as follows...Get out of there now. The dead are returning to extended reanimation and are attacking any humans in sight. No ****. If you find or know anyone who has been bitten, please show no remorse for your own safety, take all supplies you can and please find somewhere safe. Just like last time. I’m getting out of here, we’ll be switching over to the EBS...That’s uh, Emergency Broadcast System. No more Intel to give, eh? God strength and god speed, may peace be with you. End of. Beeeeeep. The image of the Hispanic man flickers suddenly, I see a moment of fear in his moving eyes and then the original beep of the EBS signals. The sound of the studio is still heard.

Keep them out, we can make it! I’ve given out the last broadcast-.They’re gone and the beep returns. I sigh, peek out of my windows into the suburban street, the horizon dimming, light fading, infected coming. The shambling corpses all over the street, the flickers of flames from cars and debris give off a shadow play of zombies in the street. I see a little girl, her face torn and bloody, and a teddy bear scraping on the floor behind her; a father clinging onto a son, both of them nibbling on the leg of a dog. I’m tooled up, I’ve got my gun, my family have gone, mom and dad ****ed off to Vietnam a few years back to help recuperate the war. I was in school last year, 1985, what a year it was.

I checked the gun, my father’s Luger, four rounds. Better than nothing. I had no plan, no way of escape, I’d watched Day of the Dead earlier in the year, I’d been a fan of Romero’s work ever since the original Living Dead which dad let me watch one night a few years back, after that, he snuck me into the cinemas to watch Dawn and eventually I went to see Day. I had no quarrel with this situation; I knew exactly what I was looking at. I had a talented director and writer to thank for that. I keep my eyes focused on the outside, the slow, dumb corpses continued to shuffle around, eyeing the flames every so often and turning their heads at the occasional muffled echoes of random gunshots. I have no plan, no idea what to do, or where to go. Do I go to the Mall? The shop down the road? Do I stay here?

What shall I do?

Stay and fortify the house []

Leave the area and travel to the local Mall []

Head to the Store down the street []

Try and contact a friend []

Try the Radio and Television []

A little game I've decided to make, just to help my writing and use of tenses and such. :)

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Fortify the house. :)

3. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Interesting concept.

You didn't mention rations or supplies beyond a paltry number of bullets. Do you have enough food & water (assuming it's not running) to last long enough for the zombies to starve, or even more indefinite, a military quarantine? If not, forget fortifying, you need to move. If so, go for it.

Checking the Tv/radio seems to go without saying. They'll either be down, tell you what you already know or something you don't. Couldn't hurt.

Similarly, it couldn't hurt to try to contact a friend, depending on if you can do so remotely or would have to travel to him/her. If you're lucky they might actually be comparatively prepared: ammo, medical supplies or rations, or even agree to accompany you elsewhere. If not, they might already be dead/infected, have left or be in "every man for themself" mode.

If you're dead low on rations, checking out the store might be prudent - depending on the type of store (7/11, pawn shop, etc) -, although likely dangerous especially if the previous or current presence of other survivors there has built an association with food among the infected, or if it's the type of building that's half windows. Not good. If you could loot enough supplies to outlast the epidemic, returning to & fortifying your house may be a more plausible option, but that'd require a lot of food & probably several trips. Unless it's a pawn shop or something you may not find any more bullets, which are... important, to be redundant. If you don't return to your house, the supplies found there may help tie you over until you find a more promising sanctuary.

Similar with the mall. A huge opportunity & risk, mainly because the genre suggests that everybody thinks to hole up in the mall during a zombie apocolypse. There may already be a group that has taken it over, or even a war of sorts between competing groups of survivors - all of whom may not welcome more straggling survivors - or, worst case scenario, the mall may already be an uninhabitable hub of undead activity, making the journey fruitless. But, if it were relatively uninhabited, its occupants amicable or the situation otherwise advantageous, it could absolutely be your best bet. If you make it that far.

Hope this helps. I rather like analyzing things like this. Personally, assuming I didn't have enough food/water to last indefinitely, I'd check the Tv/radio, try to link up with a friend, loot the store if possible & then make my way to the mall, hoping desperately that it wasn't overrun with undead or xenophobic survivalists.

Good luck!

4. Venom.

Venom. Active Member

Well I'll try the fortify house box as somebody has checked that AND I'll use the second checkbox which you highlighted as contact a friend.
    :)