1. Lucario

Lucario New Member

An 8yr old who is raised to kill for pleasure.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Lucario, Mar 6, 2008.

I'm not good with psychology. This question is for a story I'm writing. Let's say there's this 8-yr old girl, who was raised in solitude, rarely goes into the outside world. She was raised to kill innnocent people just for pleasure. She has vast knowledge of hanguns and all that. Her name is Lily. She was raised buy this guy let's call him the Master, who taught her to kill people. She loves him more than anything, since he's the only person she knows.The Master doesn't care about her and uses her as a tool. But when authorities take her away, she is sent to therapy.

How do you think she will turn out when she is separated from her caretaker? How will she be around other children? What would a therapist do? What will she become when she's a teen?

THOUGHTS?

Please note that this is for a work of fiction. I'm a writer. I'm not that great with psychology and when I try to look it up, I can't find anything

Please help!!!

If anyone is interested in reading my story, please feel free to email me.

chimchar214@gmail.com

I'll be happy to send it to you. I'm happy to accept readers.

This was copied and pasted from Yahoo answers. If you would like to read it.... I have a link

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I'd recomend watching the Jet Lee film 'Unleashed' or 'Danny the Dog' as it's otherwise known.

Aside from that, read about kids raised ferral, or in isolation, and how they react to other poeple.

3. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I'd agree with Lemex, try looking up actual insidences about isolated children. Psychology is a hard thing to make seem real and possible. I personally think though that the child would be quite psychotic and homesick for "The Master". She'd probably attempt at killing the other children and they'd become afraid of her. Ah, little kids who are twisted to enjoy killing, reminds me of Black Lagoon and Elfen Lied.

4. Lucario

Lucario New Member

Well I have a story written about the relationship with Lily and the Master. Well, it's her past. She lost her memory and ends up awake in someone's home. Now suddenly she's getting all these memories of Master. Her goal is to find the man who raised her, because he's the only one she knows. He will tell her who she is. But when she finally finds him, The master makes a deal with her. If she serves under him once more, he promises to restore her memories. If Lily joined the Master, would you have sympathy for her?

5. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

You should look up on the lost boys of Dufar and Sudan.

They kill at an early age.

6. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

As long as you write her to be sympathetic. I don't care if she's a stone cold killer, as long as you can get the reader to build a relationship with her then they'll love her through anything. Still, you can also get the opposite effect and the story would end up being more like a dark tale into the evil of humanity through the innocence of children. Basically, whether or not the reader has sympathy for her or not is up to your writing.

7. Keth Andril

Keth Andril New Member

Read Ender's game and the Shadow series by Orson Scott Card. These books give some excellent insight on what it's like to be a child raised to kill people.

8. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

This is key. Make them hate her at first, then make them sympathize.