Would you give up romance for writing? Have you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nhope, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    If it came down to true love, like, the whole nine yards-- the marriage, the sex, the comfort and whatnot, I would give up writing and anything else I had to in a heartbeat. When you feel loved everything else seems so small and inconsequential.

2. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

Me thinks a few have misconstrued my meaning in the above post.

I in no way meant writing -(or anything else)- has to go into a take it or leave it category.

Only that it should not escalate to a "choice" between romance and writing, as the title suggests. If it does--just maybe someone's-(you-?)- asking too much--reevaluate!.

It is always preferable to share interests and support each others endeavor's. We must be realistic and not expect all our interests to captivate our partner and likewise not selfishly think the things we don't care for, that take their time, is a measure of their love since that time not spent with us.

We all love a vacation--but it's oh-so-nice to get home.

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

If things don't go both ways its not love in my book, love is something you work at not a physical reaction. I got into a lot of trouble before I got married saying I liked my husband, to me liking was tons more important than loving:)

4. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    *Blinks*

Uh, couldn't you find someone you like and love? I couldn't marry someone I didn't feel both emotions for.

However, it is something you work at. Rough patches occur, but what's important is getting through them. I think there are those people who are too quick to throw what could be a great relationship away, but then there are those who take too long to call it a day.

Matt and I went through a stage of arguing and being at eachother's throats, but we still loved eachother to death. Now we get on better than ever, and I can honestly say I'm blessed to have him. Most couples need this pie-throwing-period so that they can get to grips with one another's bad side, which we all have. It's a cliché to say this, but it made us stronger. He's both my best friend and the one I love - I think it's important to have both, no matter what.

5. Ragdoll

Ragdoll Member

One should be able to have a relationship and write at the same time? If not, I would definetely give up romance for writing.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

pardon my denseness, but i can't figure out what the first half of that could possibly mean...

7. tanvi02

tanvi02 New Member

well that totally depends you see..sometime love becomes a hurdle and at times it becomes your biggest inspiration....that happened with me..i felt like writing more..infact it became outlet for my feelings...

8. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Oh I love his bones now lol He's a good man everytime he does something good it enforces that and love deepens.

After my parents my head was more impotant than heart for me:) we've been through a lot in last years and survived:) My views on love are unusual I know but for me they work.

9. Jobeykobra

Jobeykobra New Member

I've never been in a relationship, but when I finally am in one, I wouldn't give up writing at all, and if my girlfriend didn't allow me to pursue my passion in life on occasion, then I'd say she's not worth it. But I think love would help change the tone of my writing, add some sense of happiness to it, a new level of emotion.