1. Ettina

Ettina Senior Member

Character Questions

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Ettina, Nov 21, 2011.

OK, rules are simple. Pick one of your main characters, pretend he/she is being interviewed, and get him/her to answer the following questions. Then supply some questions of your own for the next poster to answer.

What kind of person are you?

How do you compare to others that you know?

Is there someone who hurt you badly, physically or emotionally? If so, who was it, what did they do, and how has it affected you?

When will you know that you have you done enough?

How much power do you want?

What's your deepest desire?

What sexual orientation are you?

zoupskim likes this.
  2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

what kind of person are you?
    I am a people's person.

How do you compare to others that you know?
    I think I am me. 'what you see is what youget'type of thing.

Is there someone who hurt you badly ?
    No there is not. Why do you ask?

when will you know you have done enough?
    I don't get it. enough of what?

how much power do you want to?
    none I prefer choice over power.

what's your deepest desire?
    to tell you truth I have many desires.
    one could be to clean up the whole of the English Language to perfection.

what sexual oritention are you?
    I don't orientate in any ways.
    what I am is my private business and it is up to the persont to find out if they really wanted to know.

Next Questions

how many books have your read so far?
    which book stands out the most in your mind?
    why?
    is the sky's the limit?
    what mood are you in right now?
    what subject do you find most difficult to talk about?

in two words how would you describe you?
    do you think you knwo 'YOU' very well?

3. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

Ok, answering this from Neil's perspective.

What kind of person are you? Hmmm... an interesting one.

How do you compare to others that you know? If you mean my friends well... there is no comparing me to others. I'm unique. Noaln says that's a good thing, otherwise there'd be a much higher body count. But compared to guys like Sarge or Tyson I'm peaceful and not quite as scary, but if you push me hard enough you'll see just how different I really am...

Is there someone who hurt you badly, physically or emotionally? If so, who was it, what did they do, and how has it affected you? Haha, oh that's easy. The guy who ran the orphanege I was sent to after my family kinda fell apart. He was not a nice guy, not by any stretch of the imagination. He's dead now though.

When will you know that you have you done enough? Done enough with my life? Simple, I'll be dead and people will be talking about what I did with my life, simple.

How much power do you want? None really, but sometimes you need power to keep it out of the hands of people who frankly don't deserve it.

What's your deepest desire? Safety. If Nolan is safe I don't care what happens, or what I have to do.

What sexual orientation are you? Bisexual I think, or omnisexual if you believe Doug.

How many books have your read so far? I can't read...

which book stands out the most in your mind? Probably the one Tyson read to me, it was a good one about dragons and weird centipede monsters.
    why? Cause it was a world I wish was real.

is the sky's the limit? Ah the sky is just a weird visual effect, there's a lot beyond it. So no.

what mood are you in right now? NOt a good one.

what subject do you find most difficult to talk about? Nolan, or my past.

in two words how would you describe you? Batcrap insane

do you think you knwo 'YOU' very well? Yeah, I'd say I know me very well, question is, do you want to?

Questions for others

How far would you go to protect the ones you love?

Could you kill another person aside from in self defence?

Do you believe in an afterlife?

Is this world 'right'?

Do we have the right to eat the flesh of animals when we have other options?

Is there life beyond Earth?

zoupskim likes this.
  4. Cacian

Cacian Banned

hey I am going to answer your questions then willpost them again for the next person

the sky's not the limit is the answer, I will go beyond it if I have to.

Could you kill another person aside from self defence?
    No No and No. I does not enter my logic. I don't understand violence hurting let alone that.

Do you believe in afterlife?
    dependds what afterlife is.
    If it is a nice one then yes I do.

Is this world ' right'
    Yes and No.
    There more good people then there are bad ones and so it is not right it is worth it because things can get better.

do we have the right to eat the flesh of animals when we have other options?
    I will have to rephrase it to answer it .
    I do not eat the flesh of an animal I eat the produce of what an animal has to offer.
    an animal is put down for three reasons
    one is to keep the wilderness and fauna healthy so we need those wild animals in the wild because they have a purpose to be there.
    the ones that you can have as pet and that goe as far a dor maybe a cat, anyhting else is cruelty.
    and the ones that we call cattle, like sheep, beef, chicken is foro human to eat in order to survive life and build a decent healthy body to deal withor work when energy is needed.
    I could myslef tell you is it fair to only vegetable nd plants?
    Is that fair on earth and the fauna and flora if we ate wour way through just plants and vegetables because it could draint the soil from over production. Think of Ireland and the famine, they staple diet is mainly potatoes, so imagine we did the same and one day there would omething similar to a vegetable ..It think it is better to have a varied diet because itis a better and healthier option in the long term.

Could you kill another person aside from in self defence?

Do you believe in an afterlife?

Is this world 'right'?

Do we have the right to eat the flesh of animals when we have other options?

Is there life beyond Earth?

5. Ettina

Ettina Senior Member

Answer for Zho'tal and Cheb (fraternal twin brothers):

Both: Pretty far.

Cheb: I'm planning to go through monk initiation, which could destroy my mind or even kill me. But no matter what happens, my family will get the dispensation, and Zho'tal will have a job open here as a caregiver, so it's the right thing for my family. I think of when we took my sister Sna was sick as a baby, just lying there all day, not playing, not crying. The doctor said she was malnourished and dehydrated. We all decided to take smaller portions and give her extra, and she got better, but Mom got sick. Zho'tal and I had to drop out of school and get work to keep us alive. When Mom got better, she made us go back to school, but we'd have quit for good this year even if I hadn't passed the test.

Zho'tal: I wish it was me, not Cheb, who passed. I feel torn, watching my brother sacrifice himself for our family. But I failed the test, which means I'd stand no chance of surviving the initiation. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just make the best of it, take care of Cheb, send my wages home to my family, maybe even figure out something to make the world a better place.

Zho'tal: Um, maybe? If my family needed me to, I guess.

Cheb: I don't know. I considered mugging this one drunk when Mom was sick, but I chickened out. I mean, he was bigger than me, so I probably couldn't have done it, but I've never quite figured out whether I backed down because of that or because I wasn't willing to hurt him. And maybe I could do it now, if I had to. But I won't have to do it.

Cheb: I know souls exist, because mine will be leaving my body in the initiation. I think it's possible for a soul to survive after the body dies. But I guess I could ask the monks, or I may find out myself.

Zho'tal: I heard that our god Zlettlyk'al eats the souls of the dead. I don't know if that's true.

Zho'tal: No, there's such a disparity between rich and poor. Our classmates, their families hire chefs to cook sumptious meals, while our family has to scramble to get enough food that we don't all starve.

Cheb: Hence why I'm willing to risk everything to become a monk.

Cheb: Meat? That's luxury. I'd love to be able to eat meat.

Zho'tal: Animals eat each other, why shouldn't we eat them? It doesn't make any sense.

Cheb: Well, there's the other realm, where Zlettlyk'al lives. I don't know anything about it other than that he lives there, but I assume it's not part of Earth.

Questions:

a) Would you hold to your convictions even if dire consequences resulted?

b) Is there anything you'd consider a fate worse than death? If you were forced to live with that fate, do you think you could come to terms with it?

c) Do you like who you are? Is there anything you'd like to change about yourself?

d) Do you think there are any people who do not deserve to live, or who are better off dead? Would you kill them if faced with the opportunity?

6. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

Would you hold to your convictions even if dire consequences resulted?

Aquarius:

I don't think so. First and foremost, I want to serve society and I always want to fit in and go with the flaw. I don't like to cause conflict. But if it was something concerning my and my partner's life deeply, I might have held to them. But it is all hypothetical.

Minty:
    I don't know. I'm only 14. How can you expect me to know? And I can not see how the consequences could be direr than what my life is like right now.

Is there anything you'd consider a fate worse than death? If you were forced to live with that fate, do you think you could come to terms with it?

Aquarius:
    A fate worse than death? Hmmm...... That would be if I lost my job, my partner and my glory. If I were forced to live in a bunker and never see light again. I don't seriously know how I would cope with it. I would probably try to find a way out. If I didn't succeed after a while, I would probably kill myself.

Minty:
    I feel like I'm already living a fate worse than death. Almost. I do have good moments too, but the good moments happen because of my friends, not my family.

Do you like who you are? Is there anything you'd like to change about yourself?

Aquarius: I'm happy with who I am. I'm happy with my job. I love my partner. I think it would be too cheesy if I said that I loved my life, but right now nothing could have been better.
    Change about myself? Ehm..... Perhaps..... I would want to understand people better.

Minty:
    I don't like myself too much. I would like to have better grades, more money, better looks, less strict parents and a genie that could fullfill my every wish.

Do you think there are any people who do not deserve to live, or who are better off dead? Would you kill them if faced with the opportunity?

Aquarius:
    The worst criminals are a great burden for society, but I respect the fact that my country doesn't have death penalty. But sometimes I think it could be easier if we eliminated the worst ones in society, or maybe not?
    I would not kill anyone. Are you crazy?

Minty:
    If I could get by with it without any consequences, I might have killed Rothbert and Arianna out of pure wrath. No! NO! I would have let them live! Unfortunately......

1) If you were allowed to have a harem, would you get one? What kind of harem would it be? If you would choose not to have a harem, why?
    2) What kind of relationship do you have to your country? Are you a nationalist? How do you feel about immigration and other cultures?
    3) What would you do if someone you disliked or hated mocked your culture/country/people?
    4) Do you think that women should have equal rights as men?

7. Skykitty

Skykitty New Member

1) Oh no, I wouldn't want a harem. Firstly, I don't think my chilfren would be thrilled, and secondly I'm sure it would all end up being far more trouble than its worth.
    2) I love my country, I try to never complain about it because I understand I'm pretty lucky to live here in a place and time of freedom. I am a child of immigrants. My parents fled Spain during the civil war there, and although I've never been I feel the pulse of Spain beat deep within me. I think that immigration has always been important to the development of societies and we should embrace our own cultures and other cultures, its the best way to maintain peace in the world.
    3) What would I do? I suppose I would argue with them. Try to explain what is beautiful and valuable about my country. I can't see myself resorting to violence over a difference of opinion.
    4) Yes, absolutely I do. However I think that a lot of women who call themselves feminists have got carried away and lost sight of the ideal of equality and will only be truly happy if they can prove that men are inferior to women.

My questions:

1) Are you a religious person?
    2) What is your happiest memory?
    3) Would you describe yourself as a lover or a fighter?
    4)If you could choose, would you live where you do now or somewhere else? If somewhere else, then where?

8. MegTheLedge

MegTheLedge New Member

I'll use Punkster.
    1) No. I'm a hopeless wreck, constantly on the verge of giving up. The closest thing to God I've got is Babester. She's the only thing that keeps me going.

2) Anytime I wasn't being subjected to tests to see how great a hero I am. I'll never get a worthwhile assignment from the lab or the government. Ever.

3) I would like to be a lover, and I think deep down I am, but the lab forces me to be a fighter. And I think Babester needs me to be a fighter.

4) I want to live in Montreal. I hear it's pretty there. But the lab won't let us leave Toronto.

My questions:
    1) What secrets are you harbouring?
    2) What is your favourite sport?
    3) Where in the world would you most like to go?
    4) Are you happy with the way your story is developing?

9. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Leon:
    1. None, really. I've spent most of my life alone, adrift. I suppose people in a vacuum don't tend to have secrets... other than that same fact itself?
    2. Wrestling and fighting maybe... fishing, the rare times I've had the chance... um... poker, if I'm winning.
    3. I don't know, I've wondered so much for so long myself. I've never met anyone who knew as much about the world as my mother, and she never really gave me the chance to pick her brain... I know there's some vestige of the Old World that they speak of, out there, somewhere. I hold a real life relic of it where ever I go, my most precious possession. But I don't know where or what it is, or how to get there. But if I did, and could, I'd go there.
    4. My "story"? My life? No. Just... no.

1. What's the most important thing in your life?
    2. What would you do for it?
    3. What wouldn't you do for it?
    4. What if you lost it, permanently?

10. Superevil225

Superevil225 Member

(From my warrior, Akatuski's POV)
    My honour. No matter what I've been through, I've always respected myself. I've never let a man, or woman, look down on me because of what has happened in my life. Without honour, I am nothing.

Almost everything. Fight, win, loose, love, and cheat.

Kill. The life of another is not to be wasted. There is always the opposite option in life or death situations.

The day I loose my honour is the day I give up and die.

Questions:
    1) Do you have a one true love? Have you met them yet?
    2) What is your favourite pastime? Why?
    3) What is the strongest memory from your past?
    4) Have you cried watching movies, reading books, watching plays, ect?

11. TDFuhringer

TDFuhringer Contributor Contributor

Captain Anderson:

1) Do you have a one true love? Have you met them yet?
    My ship is all the love I need.

2) What is your favourite pastime? Why?
    Collecting rare junk from old ships. It fascinates me to see what people throw away or abandon.

3) What is the strongest memory from your past?
    Watching my entire family burn to death during the last Vanthric attack.

4) Have you cried watching movies, reading books, watching plays, ect?
    You've gotta be kidding me. Hell no. I don't cry.

1) What do you want from life?
    2) Who do you consider your best friend? Why?
    3) What is your favorite drink?
    4) Do you believe in life after death?

12. jc.

jc. Member

Damn, had to delete my post because of someone beating me to the punch.

13. jc.

jc. Member

From the POV of my beloved Sir Addison, prolific drunk and lecher extraordinaire:

1) What do you want from life? Baw, why do people ask such sappy feely questions? Give me some good ol' hopsmead and an average girl and I'm a happy man. You know what they say: "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder." *Wink*

2) Who do you consider your best friend? Why? Touching, truly. The lord knight in the grey, and the heir prince and his sleeping wolves. They were my brothers if I ever had any.

3) What is your favorite drink? I'm a simple man; give me a drink and I'll have a reason to appreciate it. Everything from the finest wines of the Silk District to the hopsmead found in the most questionable of places has a place in this old heart.

4) Do you believe in life after death? For the lord knight's soul, if not for mine. Wherever he is I hope he has a good horse and one hell of an adventure waiting for him.

Questions:
    1) What kind of shoes are you wearing?
    2) What is your least favorite food, what's in it, and why?
    3) What is your favorite kind of dance?
    4) What is your vice?
    5) Where is home?

14. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

Paul is going to answer the interview today.

What kind of shoes are you wearing?
    Right now, I'm wearing a pair of cream coloured shoes with an upwards-pointing tip. Shoes with upwards-pointing tips are quite common in my country. Most people today will associate these kind of shoes with Arabian Nights, although our country is not an Arabian country.

What is your least favorite food, what's in it, and why?
    My favourite food is Italian food. I love everything that involves pasta, garlic, pesto, tomatoes and onion. My partner's favorite food is Chinese Food, and we often argue about which cuisine is the best. I also like Chinese, but I can't grasp why he prefers Chinese to Italian. Nothing can beat the round, warm taste of Sun Dried Tomatoes and basilica.

What is your favorite kind of dance?
    I'm not a dance person. If I were to choose, I would say a private, intimate waltz with my partner.

What is your vice?
    I can be quite kind with my pupils at work. Maybe too kind. Sometimes I will accept their delays of homework without any objection, and sometimes I let them get away with too much. I should have been stricter.

Where is home?

My home is in the capital of my country. I live in a small skyscraper apartment in the thirtyfourth floor. Or do you mean my hometown where I grew up? My hometown is a small village of 200 people, where my parents and grandparents still live today. The village is a beautiful, green place surrounded by the dark blue Atlantic Ocean. My hometown is beautiful, but I prefer living where I live today.

1) What were your parents like when you were young. Were they strict?
    2) What is your personal opinion of people who don't succeed in school or at workplace?
    3) What is the most important; humanity or money?
    4) How do you think you would handle living one month with a Nomadic tribe in Sahara?
    5) If there could be one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?

15. Three

Three New Member

1) What were your parents like when you were young. Were they strict?

Not really. My parents were pretty great, actually. They did make me dress up all girly and stuff from time to time, but they were pretty understanding about it. They weren't exactly happy about my enthusiasm for taking things apart and rebuilding them, but they only got upset if I couldn't put it back together. They didn't encourage me, but they didn't discourage me either. I don't think they really got it, but they were used to Uncle George (the guy who got me into all that stuff) so they were pretty cool about it. They knew it made me happy, and they were good parents, so they helped me out whenever they could. I even got tools for presents. They just made sure I knew what everybody expected of me, and that my future husband probably wasn't going to have as much patience with my hobby as they did. Shows what they know. Hah.

2) What is your personal opinion of people who don't succeed in school or at workplace?

They should be doing something else. Doesn't help anybody to make people do stuff they hate doing and are bad at. I guess that's why I hate finishing schools, even after escaping mine.

3) What is the most important; humanity or money?

Humanity. No question.

4) How do you think you would handle living one month with a Nomadic tribe in Sahara?

Pretty good, I think. Depending on what kind of supplies they've got. They probably get along just fine so... I might get bored. I'd miss my records, for sure.

5) If there could be one thing you could change about the world, what would it be?

That girls could do whatever they want. That'd be great.

Or that there wasn't such a huge gap between spoiled-ass aristocrat jerks and the lower class. I feel pretty bad about belonging to the first catagory.

Or that Cap wasn't such a prissy bitch.

Or that Ed was human.

Or that...

... Sorry. Getting a little carried away.

What does your private space look like (room, office, etc.)

What is happiness, how do you get it, and are you happy?

Describe yourself in as few words as possible.

What does everyone else think of you? Are they accurate?

What are you afraid of?

16. Erato

Erato New Member

From Thiryn's point of view after the events of the book:

What does your private space look like (room, office, etc.)
    >Private space? What's that? I've been living in the backwoods with friends.

What is happiness, how do you get it, and are you happy?
    >Happiness is - contentedness - things are good, just like they should be. You have to make happiness for yourself. I am not very happy. Sure, I'm back home with my parents, but I'm not really happy, no. Happiness is a world where people don't fall off waterfalls.

Describe yourself in as few words as possible.
    >Uh. Um, resolute, tough, uncomplaining, too nice?

What does everyone else think of you? Are they accurate?
    >Heck, they probably think I'm a pretentious little girl who's too adventuresome for her own good and whom no one would marry. They're right about the marriage. For the rest, they may be right, but I don't think so; but there are some people who think I'm a hero and I'm really not.

What are you afraid of?
    >I'm afraid that I'll start dying again. I'm afraid that I'll become attached to another person who dies. I'm afraid that I'll forget those who already did.

Why do you hold the ideas you hold?

If you had an evil twin who was threatening your safety, would you kill him/her if it was in your power?
    If you had an evil twin who was threatening the safety of someone very close to you, would you kill him/her if it was in your power?

What do you see as your role in society?

Are you attractive?

17. Anonym

Anonym New Member

Leon
    1. Uh... what? I guess I believe what I think is true. We.. come to our perception of truth through life experience?
    2. If it were me or him, yeah. I'd kill nearly anyone in self-defense.
    3. Yes. Evil, twin or not. Doesn't matter.
    4. Good question. Been tryin to figure that out myself. Vagabond, mercenary, living weapon?
    5. I don't know. That's the kind of revelation that's dependent on... social feedback. I don't think I'm ugly, at least.

Armada
    1. Their... utility if nothing else, has borne out in my life. Because I've sacrificed to much to give them up now.
    2. Yeah, sure. Why not.
    3. I've done worse for less. Yeah.
    4. Commander. Guardian. Quixotic liberator, perhaps? Someday, at least.
    5. Ha! Well, the rigors of combat tend not to spare our good looks, and my hair isn't as thick as it used to be, but I've got my fair share of admirers. *smiles*

Gareth
    1. I've seen what results from the lack thereof. Humanity is selling it's soul out of convenience and myopia. Some of us have to fully grasp the gravity of the situation in which our species finds itself.
    2. I suppose, if there were no other recourse.
    3. Of course. I think "evil twin" kind of answers the question for me.
    4. I'm loath to use such terms of grandeur, but something of a visionary, and, well, a researcher of course. And a father, and a friend.
    5. Heh, my more virile days are behind me. Even now, centuries of eugenics lend to... aesthetic giftedness.

Lithius
    1. Because they're the only things that are real.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes. I kill on a whim, I don't need a reason.
    4. Role? To enlighten our naive species as to its true nature. Illumination through cruelty, through brutality.
    5. I hope not. My face is a patchwork of scars. My body, little different. Some incurred through carnage, some self-inflicted. Unless attracted to fear, I'd think not.

Reason
    1. Uh... hmm, I don't know. They seem right enough. You should ask Alex maybe. He's more of a person of "conviction" than I am.
    2. Oh, wow. Kill's a pretty strong term. I mean, if it were me or them, I guess I would. I'm not much of a fight though, really.
    3. Same as the last. If I had no other choice, I guess.
    4. Wellll... I'm a software engineer, which ends up being a whole lot of things in my job. That, and I run the one private brewery in the Oasis. It's mostly just me, but I do good work. Or, at least my stream of customers would probably mean as much.
    5. Oh, I don't know. I'm not bad lookin'. Not particularly sexy though, as far as I know. Then again, talking to myself tends to be off-putting to some people. Girls especially. That could have somethin' to do with it.

5. What, to you, is worth dying for?
    6. What, to you, is worth living for?

18. LottieLab

LottieLab New Member

1. Jenny
    2. I would catch as many balls as she threw, wag my tail so much it broke, then, when it was healed, I'd wag it all over again.
    3. There's nothing I wouldn't do for Jenny. She saved my life.
    4. Jenny will never be lost with me there.
    5. Its obvious, now hurry up so I can get back to Jenny!
    6. Oh, this ball tastes great. . . grmmgruummmmmyummymm. . . what?

Does your name mean anything in a language?
    Are names important to you?
    Is your life dangerous?
    Are you on the run? If so, why? If not, are you happy with your life?
    Are you an outdoor or indoor person?

19. Ellipsis

Ellipsis New Member

Does your name mean anything in a language? Do you enjoy asking pointless questions? Honestly, had I known this interview would comprise of such exhaustingly boring questions I never would've participated. Ha, but it's not as if the choice was mine at all though, was it? Oh, ok, I'll play nice. I can tell you - most sincerely - that I have no idea whether my name has any meaning at all. Happy? Shall we continue?

Are names important to you? Now what sort of. . .? Sigh, no. Names hold absolutely no importance to me. Next.

Is your life dangerous? Oh, I don't know. Is yours? Does driving your government issue car to work every morning get your heart going? When you slip on the soap in the shower, after rectifying yourself, is there that little voice that tells you how close to death you just came? Look around! We're in a God-forsaken asylum! Or correctional facility or whatever it is you shrinks are calling it these days. Frankly, I find that question mildly insulting. I'm forced to eat with plastic cutlery and every corner in my room is rounded down. Does that sound dangerous to you? For christ's sake, I'm not even permitted to smoke because you're all afraid I'll start burning myself with cigaretts again. So no, no it isn't.

Are you on the run? If so, why? If not, are you happy with your life? On the run? Are you daft? Need I keep reminding you where we are? Does it look like I could be on the run if wanted to? No - I'm afraid I'm already caught. Although I didn't do anything. I hope you all remember why I was put in here! I hurt no one but myself and suddenly I'm crazy! Haven't any of you shrinks heard of masochism? I bet you have. Ha, I'll wager you've felt the whip in the bedroom before. Haha, yeah I bet those teeth of yours aren't strangers to a red, rubber gag-ball. Ok, sorry, I'll focus on the question at hand, doctor. What was it again? Oh, right. This isn't one of those damned shrink questions that's actually talking about my feelings, is it? Is my sanity on the run? Is that it? Has my self-preservation instinct done a dash with the spoon? Christ, these questions are tiring. And no, I'm not happy with my life - why do you think I tried to end it? You have a phd. don't you? I'm certain even a silly, little shrink like you can figure that one out. Are we almost done?

Are you an outdoor or indoor person? Seriously? Oh, you are cruel. You're a sadist of the highest degree. Are you just trying to remind me of how hopelessly imprisoned I am in this hell-hole? Oh, miss shrink-lady, I simply love the outdoors! Why, there's nothing I enjoy more than the grass beneath my feet! That's why I'm out on the green each morning! And camping out on the beach each night! Even if I was an outdoors person - which I am not, and thank you for asking - I don't really have a choice at the moment, do I?

1) What is your ultimate aim? In the immediate future that is.
    2) What motivates you to achieve this goal?
    3) Do you ever wish you were someone else? If so, who/what/where/when would you like to be? If not, what is so appealing about your current life?
    4) Smooth or crunchy peanut butter? Why?
    5) What is your guilty pleasure?

20. The Magnan

The Magnan Active Member

1) What is your ultimate aim? In the immediate future that is.
    2) What motivates you to achieve this goal?
    3) Do you ever wish you were someone else? If so, who/what/where/when would you like to be? If not, what is so appealing about your current life?
    4) Smooth or crunchy peanut butter? Why?
    5) What is your guilty pleasure?

The Magnan (Magnafire Drake)
    1) My aim in life is to avoid my damn destiny, that plagues me everyday, although to return home to Firrann would be nice, living in exile is difficult at best. Everyone is out to get you it seems in Sycane, the Darne was a mistake, walking into another war is not what I wanted...
    2) The fact that I lost the one thing that keeps me sane. My blood brother and bound sword Blade Edge.
    3) Do I wish I was someone else? Yes at times, but then could someone handle prospect of dying for a cause that began centuries ago. To bring back the Edgewalkers would be my greatest achievement except I wouldn't be there to see it.
    4)Erm, never heard of it.
    5) I really haven't clue, being a soldier means I have to put other things aside.

Tom Wilde
    1) To redeem myself after the fall of Aurha. The whole thing went wrong from the very beginning. So many lives lost. And I get the blame!
    2) My crew on board the Black Widow have constantly been at my side, I would be nothing without their guidance and advice.
    3) Hell No, being a Time Jumper in Grey Watch like my grandfather once was is possibly the best career in the known universe.
    4) I don't like peanut butter, but I do like tomato ketchup.
    5) Strictly confidential, I mean she is a damn good aim with a sniper rifle so yeah, she ain't Sharp for a reason.

Warren Young
    1) To actually be free of Doctor Danielle Yale, and Project Zero but that will never happen.
    2) If it means killing all those who work for the TSRI then so be it.
    3) I wish I could lead a normal life, a father with a family, but being an assassin is well difficult.
    4) Peanut Butter, I couldn't care less
    5) I can't tell you that. Otherwise I'd kill you.

1) What is your goal in life
    2) What is your greatest victory/defeat
    3) Do you have a legacy
    4) Are you football man (soccer) or something else
    5) have you ever considered what you would be if something in your past had happened differently.

21. W. E. Burrough

W. E. Burrough New Member

1) What is your goal in life
    2) What is your greatest victory/defeat
    3) Do you have a legacy
    4) Are you football man (soccer) or something else
    5) have you ever considered what you would be if something in your past had happened differently.

Billie-Ray Ruth Craven: a melodramatic, yet charismatic corporate raider and author who displays numerous intense sociopathic tendencies.

My goal in life? Ha, thank you for the brainbuster. A real riddler, you are, my friend.

My victories, my defeats are my own.

Maybe I do. Then again, maybe I do not.

Sports? Really, a sports question? I care not for such menial games. For future reference, I am a woman. Pray you make not such a mistake once more.

Dwelling on the past is a road leading to only two locations: failure and abject squallor. So, to answer your question, no.

1: Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
    2: Speaking of gods, your beliefs are?
    3: In the end, does it even matter?
    4: What type of person are you not attracted to?
    5: What is your favorite bad play?

22. Three

Three New Member

Cap:
    You just got that from a song, didn't you. I can tell.
    Hurrph... ok. Good men... good men... Well I'm sure there's plenty of [air quotes] “good men” somewhere else, but I tend to deal with less... honourable people. The black market isn't exactly all sunshine and lollipops, if you catch my drift.

Atheist. Aint no God up there. We're on our own. Might be hard for you to take but... [he lights a cigarette] ... sometimes the truth hurts, kiddo.
    [author's note: Cap likes to think he's cool. >.<]

Not really.

Pppft. Ugly ones. ...Idiot.

5: What is your favourite bad play?
    [authors note] Something to do with baseball. Unfortunately I know so little about baseball, it would take a lot A LOT of research for me to get my fingers into it to the level at which I could articulate what he's talking about. This is the best I can do: It was an old baseball game (from a few years ago?), some player (probably a Yankee, that's Cap's team) did something that made no sense (I really don't know anything about baseball) and somehow it ended up being amazing (yeah, no clue) and maybe won them the game? Or something? He's still going on about it, making some very elaborate hand gestures, but I'm not hearing anything coming out of his mouth. Beats me.

Zeke:
    The gods have left. The old gods I remember are long dead. The new ones died a few hundred years ago when man saw how ruthless he could be. Frankly I don't miss either of them. The fewer illusions we have about an all mighty protector, the better.

Yes there is a God. And He hates me.

I suppose not. Nothing really matters in the end.

Girls who cannot see past what's traditionally expected of them. I still find them physically attractive of course, but I could never find them interesting.

5: What is your favourite bad play?
    Hmm. Well... Pyramus and Thisbey was hilariously terrible. Is that what you're after?

What is your dream job?
    If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
    What scares you?
    What do you do when you have trouble getting to sleep?

23. Pyraeus

Pyraeus New Member

From the perspective of the immortal Alistair Thorne.

What is your dream job?
    I hunt and kill demons and other supernatural creatures. I've done that for much of my life. I don't think I'd know how to anything else.

If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
    If I wanted to, I could break your spine right now. I could grind your bones to dust, and smash your body to a bloody pulp.
    I believe I'm well off in that department.

What scares you?
    The day I stop caring about what I love.

What do you do when you have trouble getting to sleep?
    I head to the firing range and practice.

If you're done acting like the Spanish inquisition, let's hear something from you.

What do you do? Are you a fighter? A scholar? A thief?

Why do you do it, what are your reasons?

What's your purpose, the reason you continue to live?

What would you be willing to give to complete your task?

24. sunwave

sunwave Member

For my character Zacky, a young mage who thinks he's a knight. He's quite weak, but doesn't know/accept that.

I guess I'm a fighter. They always say that I suck at fighting with a sword, but who cares? I can freeze and boil
    people from hundreds of feet away. And I used to get into fights with my brother, before he died, so, I think that
    made me a little stronger as well.

Why do you do it? What are your reasons?
    Well, I really want the power to beat those bastards who killed my mom and dad, and those who hurt my friend. I mean, she
    didn't even lose just her parents, but everyone on the island! If they think they can get away with it, they're wrong! ... Well,
    maybe not, since they got away with it, but we'll get them, sooner or later.

Because living is fun! But if I die, well, that's too bad. I'm not going to hold back just because I might die from something.
    I think every time you're close to dying, you will get stronger. Isn't that true? At least mentally!

Why would I give up anything? I just do what I want, and then I'll see what happens. Oh, you mean if I care about my
    honor and belongings and family bonds? Nah, not really. I guess I would give a way my house, my belongings, my friend's
    belongings, my honor (you can't even DO anything with honor) and maybe other stuff. I don't have any family or money,
    so that's not even a problem. But I wouldn't give a way my friends, or my power. My power is awesome!

For my character Clover: The youngest of five sisters, being the daughter of a lord of a small keep.

What? No... none of those! I'm a lady! How dare you accuse me of being a thief! And... I guess I'm not really scholar
    either. I do know things, and I learned a lot, but not those kinds of things. Only my sister knows a little about fighting, but
    I don't think the others like that a lot. Lord Colby will definitely choose one of my other sisters.

Why do you do it? What are your reasons?
    What kinds of questions are these? Why? What else should I do? I want to be a good wife and have children. If I have
    those, I can continue my family! Well, unless the name of my husband will be more important than that of my father, but then
    it would be an honor!

Well, isn't it to see a lot of the world? To experience beautiful, happy, sad and strange things? To create a family and watch over
    your children until they are old enough to be on their own?

Uhm... this is a hard question. I'm not sure what I would be giving away for this task. I guess... if it's a good family, I could give up
    my name. And my sisters always mock me and I would be happy to leave them behind... But not in a wrong way. I don't want them to
    die or anything, so... can I... skip this question?

Questions for the next character(s):
    - How valuable is your own life?
    - How valuable is the life of a stranger?
    - Is the life of a horse or dog valuable? A rabbit? A mouse? A butterfly?
    - If you have to give up the live(s) of one of these groups, which one would it be and why? Myself/my family/the rest of the city.
    - How many friends do you have? How many friends would stay your friend if you were poor, ugly and being (wrongly) accused of a grave crime?

25. Three

Three New Member

- How valuable is your own life?
    [laughs] To me or to everybody else?

- How valuable is the life of a stranger?
    Just somebody minding his own buisness? Jeez, if I had to put a price on it... Would I sacrifice myself for a stranger? No. For five strangers? No. For a whole city's worth? ...I'll think about it.

- Is the life of a horse or dog valuable? A rabbit? A mouse? A butterfly?
    You're getting a little silly here.

- If you have to give up the live(s) of one of these groups, which one would it be and why? Myself/my family/the rest of the city.
    My family is just my mom. I'm not gonna kill her to save myself. But I'm not dying for her sake either. Then... the city? I guess? But that's not a real thing. Honestly, in that situation, I wouldn't pick any of those things. I'd take the crazy option. The one you haven't mentioned. I dunno what it is, because I'm not actually in that situation, but there's always a way out. No matter how risky, how crazy it is. I'd do that.

- How many friends do you have?
    Uhh... I had a few friends in the Force way back when, but I don't think they'd really wanna be associated with me these days. You know, the whole... piracy thing. My friends now? Brass and Charlie. Ted's more of a... buisness associate. I mean, I've got contacts and stuff, but friends? Just those two.

How many friends would stay your friend if you were poor, ugly and being (wrongly) accused of a grave crime?
    Like... murder or something? Ho boy. Well... I get the feeling Charlie's done some things he isn't exactly proud of either, but murder? Jeez. He'd... just think less of me I guess. But Brass... she'd probably never speak to me again. [laughs]

I think you missed the "wrongly" bit.
    Oh wrongly? As in, they know I didn't do it? Well that... doesn't really change anything, does it? If they knew I didn't do it, why would they treat me differently? I mean... I've been accused of tons of stuff. And that's stuff I've actually done.

Get ready for some really involved questions. :p
    What is your best childhood memory?
    Your worst?
    Tell me about somebody you admire.
    What were you like when you were younger?
    How do you think you're going to die?