Writing America as the bad guy - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Accelerator231, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accelerator231

Accelerator231 Contributor Contributor

Well.... Alright, fine.

It goes like this:

A: Captain! We have contacted the natives. They are... nominally friendly. And are willing to assist us in the retrieval and safekeeping of the artifacts.
    Capt: Ok. Excellent. Tell me again, what was protocols for not contacting new worlds again?
    A: Here in the regulations, it says that no contact is to be made, until a cultural exchange team has been sent over to properly evaluate the situation. Closest exchange team is... well, we're out in the boonies, and shorthanded as always. 6 months time is the earliest
    Capt: Damn. Any way we can get around it?
    A: Regulations are very clear. Any and all unnecessary interactions are to be minimized.
    Capt: Fine then. Talk to the government whose land that our artifacts have landed upon. And for anybody else, deflect and evade, until the cultural exchange team has arrived.

2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I tried to write a story on exactly this theme )revision of history) but ran up against a brick wall.

In the end, I abandoned it, my only other choice being to take a real event from history and stick blasters and spaceships into it. :D

3. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

And the Russians are just going to roll out the red carpet, America is the only nation that would capture and interrogate them. Obviously, Russia doesn't want that technology either.

Also, why are they making contact like it's a normal phone call. They're from another world, they are going to be as covert as possible.

The moment they land in Russia, as even with America. It'd be in constant danger of being caught, interrogated and their technology confiscated for reverse engineering.

Why would Russia handicap themselves? Hello comrades, Welcome To Earth. Oh sure here's your ship.

I would think the leadership of Russia would be stupid not to get the technology for themselves and use it against their enemies.

Edit: in fact, it'd be much more realistic for Russia to confiscate the technology, reverse engineer and wage war on their enemies in an attempt to conquer Earth .

And don't think, I'm leaving America or China out of this either. It would basically be a new arms race.

Edit: not to mention the breach of protocol he just did, or seeing us Terrans as some sort of reasonable equal.

They are an advanced alien race, they would see us as primitive and dangerous, even if they felt we have potential. Not to mention, they're not just going to pick up a phone like you're ordering takeout

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  4. Rockatansky

Rockatansky Banned

I can see it now,

President Putin is sitting in his favorite comforter, within the Kremlin, drinking a glass of vodka after a long hard day's work. Watching some bear wrestling

His secretary comes in and says President Putin, you have a call from Zedd

Who is this comrade Zedd? Putin asks.

He claims to be a space alien on a mission to retrieve his ship

Putin laughs and dismisses his secretary, drinking down his vodka and he enjoys watching bear wrestling. He can recall the time in his youth, that he used to wrestle bears and wonders if he still can.

Thus leading to a training montage.

And ending with Putin Victorious over his bear opponent. Four hot Russian babes surrounding him.

Putin, pectoralis you can believe in

As for the alien captain, he recognized that the terrans were primitive and paranoid. So he ordered a covert mission to retrieve the ship or make sure it's completely destroyed. Using advanced technology, they remained undetected by the Terrans.

5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

why am i not surprised by the direction this has taken... theres no way i'm going to dig through this hot mess and try to work who said what to who and why.

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.