1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

Writing day schedule?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by AVCortez, May 5, 2013.

I'm gearing up for a big day writing content for my WP-blog, and was thinking about my schedule. It's not written down anywhere but as someone who works from home I follow it pretty religiously.

9:00 - wake up
    9:10 - breakfast ritual of 2x cups of coffee, 2xCigarettes. Have a chuckle at 9gag.
    10:00 - Chat to partner before she leaves for work
    10:30 - Watch the News/check blogs, email, forums
    11:00 - Start writing/graphic designing/miscing
    PM
    8:00 - Partner finishes work, so I start cooking dinner (unless she is getting take-away).
    9:00 - Finish work, hang around with partner, usually watch a movie.

Does anyone else work from home or have a schedule when they have the day free to write? Any strange rituals, like my breakfast?

2. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 Contributing Member

I always do it on Saturdays since I have Judo practice on fridays, and because it makes me sore, I take today to rest and write. I also freewrite/draft in some of my classes if we're not doing anything important. On occasion, I might write even though I should be doing something else. Guess it shows how much I like writing.

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Staff Supporter Contributor

I work from home the vast majority of the time. I'm a morning person, so I like getting up early; the latest I rise is about seven a.m. I have some breakfast and waste a lot of time surfing the net, then, depending on what I have to do that day, I get to work around eleven or so. I make dinner around seven or eight, then work another hour or two afterwards.

Right now, though, I don't have any projects on the go, so I have a lot of time. I work on my stories; I study math, history, and so forth when I get a chance; and I help out my partner/roommate, who is disabled. Lots to do.

4. Suffering-is-Beauty

Suffering-is-Beauty Member

I spend all day glancing at the computer and fearing the daunting task of writing until the that garish light of day fades. Once the quiet of night sets in I write until the sun comes up. school, work, gf, kid, the rest of the week until my days off, and repeat. for some reason i only write well when a) the sun is hidden by a storm or b) its nightime.

5. AVCortez

AVCortez Active Member

Fatigue quietens the logic centre in the brain, so you feel more creative at night.... Doesn't explain the storm thing.

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i live alone, so i can work from 6-7am to as late as i need/want... usually quit for the day by 7-8pm...

first thing in the morning, i deal with whatever mail has come in overnight... then i eat breakfast while posting here and on the other 2 writing sites i currently belong to... after that, i take care of mentees' and clients' needs, followed by whatever i may be working on of my own...

and i don't do weekends, holidays, vacations... just day and night...