1. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Writing Exercise

Discussion in 'Word games' started by EstherMayRose, Jul 8, 2017.

For anyone who plays The Sims:

Try writing out your Sim story. As they complete the quests, write about how they feel, what they experience, describe it all in your best prose.

Who knows, this could be a common tip, or it could be completely useless. But it is quite fun.

Laurus likes this.
  2. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

I did a similar thing with Skyrim, ascribing much more meaning and emotion to my pc's actions than exist in-game. My completionism in having to pick up every quest? Yeah, that's her turned jaded and bored, just looking for any excuse to go out in the world and get an adrenaline rush from some good ol' fashioned bandit murder. The husband I married and kids I adopted just to get the occasional stat boost, free meal, and free money? Totally her way of scraping towards normalcy, even knowing she'd fail. When the follower/companion I'd had since the beginning of the game hit his level cap and wasn't as useful to me anymore, I spent real money on dlc so that I could keep him in my character's story as the steward for my estate (and he and my husband are now very happy together).

3. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

That sounds fun. My main Sim is just very curious and easily excited.

4. nastyjman

nastyjman Senior Member