Writing for the opposite sex

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by starseed, May 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. g1ng3rsnap9ed

g1ng3rsnap9ed New Member

I find writing for the opposite sex much easier than my own. I would say that a good 3/4's of my main characters are female. But no, I'm straight. :D (I have been wanting to write a story about a homosexual main character though, I would find that very interesting.)

2. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

I never write for the same sex. Even when I was nine years old the main character in whatever I wrote would be male. Thinking about it, I rarely read novels or watch films where the main character is a woman. There is no real reason for it really.

3. dailycrumb

dailycrumb New Member

it would be interesting to write as a female character. I'd have to study the way the mind works a little more and see what my character would be thinking.

4. starseed

starseed New Member

I feel like a female MC would be the hugest challenge ever. I don't know why I have such a difficult time relating to my own sex. I noticed that in my brainstormings for my next couple novels, I automatically made all the MC's male. It's really weird, but even though I'm a girl, I always feel like my "inner voice" sounds male.