1. Yorgi Schmorgi

Yorgi Schmorgi New Member

Writing Script Form: What are the down-sides?

Discussion in 'Scripts and screenplays' started by Yorgi Schmorgi, Apr 17, 2020.

I have been compiling info and writing this story for about six years now. This used to be a project between myself and two other people, where I was the initiator, and so, the story has changed in many ways throughout these few years. I am now the only one working on this project and have continued using the script form as it seems the easiest for me and also the best to use for the intentions of this project, which would eventually be to turn it into some sort of graphic novel. It's eighty-three pages long so far and I have recently been doing more editing than writing new material.

In-between the dialogue I often have great detail of the events and the important visuals necessary, because of the intent of being a graphic novel. I keep going back and finding errors in the way that I had been writing the story, and so I thought I would ask what the down-sides are. If I have a greater understanding of the down-falls this style brings I may be able to fix them quicker and continue further with the story.

2. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Using script form in order to make a comic sounds like a good plan to me. What do you mean down-sides though? I get you mean cons, but in which way exactly?