1. redcherry80

redcherry80 New Member

Feedback need on writing for blog

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by redcherry80, Jan 13, 2013.

Dear Forumers,

I’ve started my personal blog for close to a year, most of my posts were in the recent months. I blog mainly on my daily life and occassionally some reflections.

The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with others, who might find it entertaining and have hopefully have some take-away from the posts.

I would appreciate if you could take some time to visit my blog and let me know how I can further improve on my writing.

Blog address: http://redcherryjourney.blogspot.sg/

Thank you

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, but i am wary of a 1-time poster asking us to go to a website... it's too risky, imo... and may be against the site rules, though they've changed lately, so i can't be sure...

to fellow members:
    the most prudent course is to copy/paste the link into google... that will let you discover if it's a legit site, or a ruse perpetrated to do some damage... i just did that and in this case, the poster seems legit, but could well have not been... to be on the safe side, it's always best to not click on links you're asked to go to by a new poster...

mods:
    this is a simple way to test suspicious links... perhaps this warning and method of vetting them could be posted as a sticky, if not already included in site info?

redcherry:
    yes, you do need to improve your writing to some extent... here's just one example of why:
    correct grammar would be:

3. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

I agree with Maia, if you want your writing critiqued you need to review other peoples work (and wait the allotted time) or use the blog function on this forum.

4. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Adding to what maia has said, if you hovered your cursor over the link (without clicking), you will see the URL it's really going to in the bottom left-hand corner of your browser (I'm using Chrome, I'm not sure if Firefox has the same). That tells you where you're being directed to.

5. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

It's inappropriate to advertise your blog on this forum, in this way. Please don't do it again.

6. redcherry80

redcherry80 New Member

Hi All,

Apologies for advertising and posting my blog link.

I'll just cut out segments for review next time round. Thank you for the feedback, I'll work on my future writings.

7. evelon

evelon Active Member

Is there a right way to advertise a blog or is it generally not allowed? Same with web pages. I've noticed some, but also seen warnings that web pages should not be advertised. I'm talking about the posters own site now.
    I have looked for info, but can't find any.

8. BritInFrance

BritInFrance Active Member

I think if you have your blog, or website in your signature it is ok, other than that there are not supposed to be any adverts etc.

9. evelon

evelon Active Member

o.k. Thanks. Might give that a whirl.