Xbox 360 / Ps3 / Wii

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Unknown Deity, Sep 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

i so hate people who do the whole jumping bit when youre trying to kill them, and it gets worse when they eventually kill you. Ever had the UDamage and found nobody to kill? It always happens to me:mad:

2. Gamecat

Gamecat New Member

My god I hate bunny hoppers, I get them all the time on the battlefield 2 servers. It's amusing if you're a sniper though, one shot and a whole pack of tough troopers start bouncing across the road.

3. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

lol ive seen that with campers on UT3 one guy goes down they turn into a bunch of hopping frogs waiting to get fragged

4. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

I have all three major consoles and plan on buying a PSP when I go to America next year. I only play online with the PS3 as there's nothing to play on the Wii and I can't fathom how people happily pay for an online subscription with the 360. And even how it remains highly popular despite the fact it red-rings constantly and sounds like an airplane taking off ...

Currently playing the awesome Battlefield: Bad Company.

5. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

The Red Rings of death are way overplayed. I have a launch 360 and I've never had a problem with it. I've only met one person who has ever had a problem. I think there are more problems with the system than there should be but it's no where near as bad as some people seem to think (And Sony can't argue that point because the PS2 was the glitchest system I've ever owned).

As for XBox Live it's worth it if you can get a good bunch of friends to play with (The System really is worth paying for if you like online games). That and its well acknowledged by most gamers that the XBox Live system is far more reliable than Sony's free service, there are fewer problems, the games tend to run smoother (never has anyone told me an online match ran better on a PS3 than a 360).

It really comes down to do you want to pay or not. Seeing how I don't play online much I don't. I only played Halo 2 and the community for that game was horrible. I quit because I couldn't stand the menacing 12 year olds screaming curses and the equally immature teenagers.

6. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

PS2 no online play though, I have a brother who keeps me company on co-op or splits screens. I will get a network adaptor sometime in the future. I'll buy a ps3 when it becomes like, $50 i guess. at least Sony has free online, and it has SOCOM the online powerhouse. There's plenty of two player local games I enjoy.

7. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Well I've had no problems with the online. Resistance always ran smoothly when I played that and same with COD4. But I do know that Live has a better online design thingo. I've never actually seen it though. All my friends are PS3-dedicated.

8. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

well 360 online might be more reliable, but im sure in terms of the console itself, the sony one is more reliable

lol, just playing with you (360 owner).

Saw the ff13 and ffv13 trailers other day. I think im ganna sell my 360 and its games with this baby! :D (and i know ff13 is hitting 360).

9. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

OMG NOT FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!!

Those games are AWFUL!

10. Speedy

Sorry im a sucker for them (well the only one i liked (new ones) was 7 and 8) ;)

Beats Oblivion and that overrated crap ;)

11. Gladiatus

Gladiatus New Member

Yeah, the whole Genre is rubbish.

Oblivion had me glued for a few hours but i couldnt help myself from killing innocent people and then got bored.

12. Speedy

"The whole Genre is flawed"

Everyone is valid to their own opinion.

;)

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I loved oblivion. I could never get into the more longwinded and story centered RPG's (save for the early FF titles). I've always prefered more open ended games like Oblivion, and Mass Effect and KoToR though very story centered, were open and brittle with enough character customization to keep me more than happy.

14. Speedy

Yeah, Oblivion just sadened me because of the hype it got with its Radiant A.I which just didnt live up to what i hoped for (didint stop me from playing it for 150 hours but i never went back to it like Morrowind).

Loved Mass effect (especially the last few hours with the build up (cant wait for the second).

15. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I appreciate story more than anything else in games. That said, most games I own for my 360 are FPS's. RPG's are really lacking in this generation : /.

/goes off to play FFVI.

16. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Planescape: Torment > Kotor 2 > everything else.
    Pc > you

17. Little Miss Edi

Little Miss Edi New Member

I'm an nintendo fangirl and I have no shame!!! :p

But my OH writes gaming articles so we have a PS3 and Xbox 360 (among the old-school class of SNES, NES, Dreamcast, PSone, PS2, NGC and handhelds coming out of our ears)

Love the soul calibur (<-- spelt wrong, not my fault!! ;) ) and my fav game to play is always mario kart!! :D I just can't get enough of kooper cape!! Friend code system is crazy unhelpful tho.

OH mostly plays warhawk and SC4.

18. DrJoe

DrJoe New Member

someplace that isn't actually a place but actually
    I have a WII because I'm a big fat gay nerd nintendo fanboy who sits around eating doritos and playing MARIO all day

seriously

can't deny that the ps2 was the best system ever though