Tags:
  1. FinalStar

FinalStar New Member

Kindle publishing?

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by FinalStar, Sep 23, 2011.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has published with kindles. Is it worth try? Should I stick with the normal way of getting published? sending it in and waiting to hear back. I have already done that a few times.

I'm also working on a pro and con list for going with kindles vs magazine or agent.

Any thoughts on this would be great.

2. AmyHolt

AmyHolt New Member

Some people are sucessful self-publishing. I know a some personally. And self-publishing is getting plenty of attention right now as the market shifts to include electronic readers.

A few things to consider are
    If you self-publish, you also self-promote so you better have a platform or a plan to create one and plenty of time to do that. Of course you might be left to self-promotion even with a standard publishing company.
    If you self-publish, standard publishing companies tend to look down their nose at you and if you ever decide to try publishing a book (through standard publishing companies) after self-publishing it, you are likely to meet considerable resistance. The standard publishing companies won't be interested unless you've been phenomenally sucessful.
    Most book stores do not put self-published books on their shelves so you are left to electronic readers or on-line orders.

3. FinalStar

FinalStar New Member

I did not know that about being self published and a standard publishing companies. That kind sucks. I would only go Electronic readers. thanks for the info

4. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

I have six works out on the kindle, four novels, a novella and a short story and for me its been a great rush this year. However I only began publishing myself on the kindle after I'd been down the trad publishing route and found no one willing to publish me (except one rip off company). As for how its going, currently my lead novel published in April has sold somewhere in excess of twelve hundred copies which while not really in the same league as most trad published works and which won't make me rich, seems awesome to me.

Cheers, Greg.

5. FinalStar

FinalStar New Member

Thanks for post. sorry if this is a second reply. I just did one but dont see it. anyways

I have sub a few shot story's to a few magazines but dont feel that any of them really fit or will match my story's. They not fall solo in fantasy, sci fi, horror, and so on. So i been getting rejected. I just started to think about the kindle last night. still have to look in to it some more. For a Novel (haven't finished one) i think i would go with a normal way of doing it first. So I was wondering how big of an impact would it have. On any later works I try and have published.

AmyHolt has posted one thing about it. I was just wondering if other agree or disagree with her.

all info is helpful :D