1. Dr.Meow

Dr.Meow Contributor Contributor

Yep...just joined!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dr.Meow, Mar 21, 2017.

Hello, simply doing my duty to introduce myself. Sorry, I'm paranoid about posting my real name on forums, so just call me Dr.Meow...or Meow for short. I've been writing off and on for a long time, at least sixteen years or more, but since I never stuck with it for long I'm not nearly as skilled as I want to be. I joined the site to learn some techniques, polish some rough spots, and maybe get a critique or two. I would truly like to pursue a possible career in the literary field, it's something I am finally going to take seriously for once. I will not take no for an answer, and I'm prepared to get rejected, trampled and have my work set on fire (hopefully not literally, but I'll take that too).

That is all for meow, thanks!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Dr.Meow, and welcome to the forum!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.
    Are you working on a novel manuscript now? :)

See you around!
    -Kat

3. Dr.Meow

Dr.Meow Contributor Contributor

Thank you, it's good to be here. To answer your question, yes I am. I may not try to publish that first, I want to get some experience, or maybe I'll publish the first book as a standalone, but actually writing a full novel is advanced even for published authors. I am merely an aspired writer, I hope to learn and grow.

4. anasfalis

anasfalis Member

Welcome, Dr. Meow! It does indeed sound like you are ready; I'm sure you're going to do great.

5. JE Loddon

JE Loddon Active Member

Welcome. If you need help with any specific part of the process, don't be afraid to ask.