You are a writer, but are you anything else?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by M9A8E6S4TO, May 28, 2009.

1. Sphi

Sphi New Member

I do horseback riding. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Lolol, it's not exactly a hobby but the going-out part is. My list was tiny and I had to fill up :p I've got lots now but it's all lazy-stuff that doesn't really count as being a 'hobby'.

3. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Umm...Well, I like cheese. :D

>_> There are lots of things I used to do, these days though I'm primarily a student, and part time peddler of wares. (On eBay - generally hard to find and/or popular CD's & DVD's, sometimes retro video games... but I spend most of the profits on buying music from overseas that I can't find in Oz...and vintage clothing :redface:).

Of the things I used to do:
    cake baking and decorating (sounds corny, but it's lots of fun and definitely an art!)
    chen tai chi (hardest thing I ever tried to learn),
    paper mache (I once made a life-size replica of Squall's gunblade, it's my paper mache crowning glory, lol)

4. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I’m really into creative arts, painting, drawing, fashion and photography. I like experimenting with all mediums of painting, I’m pretty good with acrylics, and I’m learning how to do water colours at the moment. I’m teaching myself how to draw too.

Photography would have to be my favourite though, hands down; I love the way you can manipulate external realities through photography. I love taking portraits of other people- I find faces fascinating.

I love make up. I’ll literally spend hours researching different types of make-up, their application, their mediums and styles. I love creating avant-garde and editorial styled looks on myself for fun. Most of the money I save goes to buying make-up.

I love fashion, especially high fashion because it’s so unusual and often plain bizarre. High fashion models fascinate me because they don’t look real- they remind me of fable-like creatures, or walking-drawings.

I like anime and some manga, I’m not a die-hard fan, but I appreciate it because it follows a very different style when compared to other forms of animation/cartooning.

I like philosophy. I like researching it in my spare time. I’m starting my minor in it next semester. Can’t wait.

I’m interested in languages. I’m trying to learn German, lol, 'trying'. I’d love to learn sign-language one day too- this may seem strange, but I love watching people communicate in sign, it’s beautiful, I'd love to be able to do the same.

I’m also a carer for my Mum who has a brain-injury. She’s fairly independent, but she can’t work because the injury really affected her memory. She also suffers from post-traumatic disorder so she’s easily over-whelmed by little things, which can make her difficult to handle sometimes. She’s getting better though, she’s not nearly as bad as she used to be, which I’m pretty stoked about.

I'm a full time university student too, majoring in psychology, which I overall enjoy, I just suck at coping with stress. Lol.

5. Eoz Eanj

That's one of the most awesome things I've ever heard a human being achieve. Lol.

6. JGraham

JGraham New Member

Well, i am particularly uneventful.

I spend most of my time writing but i do some other things.

I attend College

I play alot of sports, mostly Hockey though

I watch a lot of movies and play a few video games

I watch a lot of Hockey

I dabble in the world of Graphic Design, usually just stuff for my writing

I do a bit of film editing and acting, and filming with my friends, but nothing special. Just a few friends having fun.

I am not into the whole party scene, so must of my time is spent thinking and what not.

There is a girl in my life, but she had denied me once again, and i moved six hours away as sort of a F U, but not sure how that is working out so far lol.

Other than that i don't do a whole lot. My focus now is writing, and just being myself. I don't like to go with people i dont like, and i am not a fake person. So if i don't like you, then i dont pretend, i just dont talk to you.

7. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I have a total addiction to lipstick. :rolleyes: I have no idea why, but I have such a huge collection of different coloured lipstick.
    I'd really love to learn some different ways of applying eye make-up, though - I never quite mastered how to apply eye-liner. >_>

Lol - I still have it. :p Mebbe I'll take a photo and post it.

8. Eoz Eanj

Yeah, I was never a fan of eye-liner.. But that's only because it doesn't look good on me and the proper brands are expensive. Lipsticks are awesome though, they're great to collect and they can be used for other applications. I use orange lipstick under my eyes as a base for my concealer- it creates a nice-peach colour that seems to be more effective at neutralising dark circles.

Anyway, lol

Take the dang photo and post it!
    POST POST POST!

9. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Oh god. Lipstick = My life. I love it so.

How can you girls not like eyeliner?

I am the absolute QUEEN with eyeliner, I have to say. Only 'cause i'm so practised, which is quite sad really.

Mostly I use the same design for everyday wear, but every now and then I like to go crazy with the swirlyness ;)

10. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Darn it - I have to admit it's not entirely finished... (I still have to do the etching on the blade :rolleyes:)

But here it is:

[​IMG]

ETA: o_O I dunno why it's showing up so tiny - I'll try and fix it.

11. Eoz Eanj

Eyeliner looks unnatural on me, it gets in my eyes and irritates them, also, I wear glasses, so there's no real point in accentuating a feature that's hidden by frames. Lol.

Plus, you've got the whole quintessential goth/rockability style going for you, eyeliner is key to making the look work. Haha.

And G.W, looks more awesome than I imagined. You did very well, youngling.

Edit: Yeah it is small, I thought that was deliberate, lol

12. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

*sigh* Photobucket keeps giving me an error message - and Image Shack is no better. >_<

But anyway... I like eyeliner, I just suck at using it.

13. Eoz Eanj

/Shakes fist at image shack
    /Sheds a tear

14. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

What is it with girls and makeup?

I'm kind of an addict too... Got a big box. >=D
    I like really pale lips though, instead of bright red, so I can have my eyes be most dominant.

Ever since I got my new glasses though, everything seems to have taken a backseat; the drama of the eyes is kind of masked by the glasses. Hmm.

We need a makeup thread to share all of our tips and tricks and advice and hints. :)

15. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

For me, I don't view it so much as a hobby as I do a job. That sounds bad, but it's like how parents look at taking care of their kids as a full-time job, you know? Taking care of Joel is my number one priority...

Seriously, sometimes his mom will ask him about stuff or try to do something for him, and I'm like "woman, get out of my business!" He may be your kid, but he's my man...and wife (or fiancee, I guess...) totally trumps mom.

Am I the only girl who doesn't love makeup? I have a little bit from when I worked at Ulta, but usually all I do with my makeup is put on some eyeliner and mascara so I don't look like a ferret.

16. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I hope not. I kinda prefer girls who don't use makeup that often. Eye-liner and eye-shadow can look really cool but I think most people look better without the rest of it.

17. hiddennovelist

Joel agrees with you. Every time I wear makeup, he tells me I don't look like myself.

18. Shadow Dragon

Well then, he's a very smart person. :p

19. hiddennovelist

He likes to think so ;)

20. Shadow Dragon

Well, he must be very smart. He did manage to get an awesome girlfriend. :cool:

21. hiddennovelist

Thanks! :)

22. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Smooth. ;)

23. hiddennovelist

lol Xeno, you just wish you'd said it first :p

24. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I do photography, sculpt, draw, paint, make jewelry, act, tech shows, and am currently making props for Midsummer Night's dream, sing in a choir, help teach the kid's choir at my church...lot's of stuff. Being a Gemini...I constantly go back and forth of what my passion of the week is. Right now I am heavy into theater stuff. In a couple weeks...who knows...

25. rory

rory Active Member

That is by far the coolest thing I've ever seen. I am in awe.

I'm with you. I don't even own makeup. And I've only worn it about five times in my life because my friends insisted. :rolleyes:

Anyways... besides writing, I ride/train horses, draw (mostly horses, I suck at drawing anything else), chill with my beloved PlayStation 3, read, "meditate" (aka sit around and do absolutely nothing because I have motivation issues), and... yeah that's about it.
    My list of things I would like to do besides write is much longer. Go figure :p