Tags:
  1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Lost Work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Jun 11, 2007.

Has anyone here ever written a poem, lyric, story that they absolutely love because it is realy good....then lost it?

I have done this many of times now, and it drives me insane when I do it. Today I wrote a really beautiful poem about the end of war, and I had it on my mobile phone as it was the only thing I had to put it on at the time and well I somehow managed to delete it from my phone without thinking and for the life of me I can't remember it.

Has anyone else ever done this?

~Torana

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I recently did something close to that, although I did not lose it irretrievably.

I attended a class a few weeks ago, World Mythology, for which a written paper was due the first night. I have more than one computer that I keep my work on, and when I copied my class folder for that course from one computer to the other, I copied in the wrong direction and deleted my only electronic copy.

Fortunately, I had already printed and turned in the assignment, so I received my graded copy back a week later, and was able to scan it back in to reconstruct the electronic copy.

I may be strange in that regard (yeah, I know, my strangeness does not end there), but I like to keep all my coursework, not just the works I create for pleasure. So I was upset at losing the original.

3. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I've done this several times. I'll be writing it and then have my computer crash. It's quite frustrating. I guess one must save, and save often.

4. Raven

Raven Banned

Yeah I've done that too. Sometimes I'll really put heart and soul into what I'm writing and then gone. The worst is when I press Ctrl and A then my finger slips missing V abd bang the lots one. I could jump up and down like a mad nutter when that happens but yeah I've done it about several times too.