1. DarkWoods

DarkWoods Active Member

Your advice on "Book Launch" book and the Self-Publishing School

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by DarkWoods, Jan 8, 2020.

Hi everyone.

A few weeks ago, I discovered the "Self-Publishing School" by Chandler Bolt. I started to read one of their book called "Book launch".

I would like your advice on the book and the technique they explain to self-publish your own book on Amazon ... I don't want to enroll to their courses. I don't have any revenue coming in because I lost my job in October. I just want to know if I am wasting my time by reading this book.

Thanks for your help!

2. Cephus

Cephus Contributor Contributor

This is probably better placed under Publishing, but honestly, building a brand on Amazon takes a long time. It is not going to replace an income in the short term. It will take years of hard work and publishing a lot of books and investing in your brand before you start to see a significant return on investment.

DarkWoods likes this.
  3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Put it this way - chandler has only ever written books about writing books - I'm more inclined to listen to someone like Mark Dawson or Adam Croft who have multiple best sellers.

I'd suggest starting with marks podcasts on the selfpublishing formula and joana penn on the creative penn/

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

moved

Cephus likes this.
  5. DarkWoods

DarkWoods Active Member

Thanks for your honest recommendation. I am now following Joanna Penn and I bought a few of her books.