1. rainshine

rainshine New Member

books with masonic references

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by rainshine, Nov 1, 2011.

Three books I read recently all with masonic references in the plot.
    How to tame your dragon
    Dragonology, where a signal of great distress is used.
    The real world of faries. the fairies do an impression of a masonic meeting walking around dressed up all solemn, they cant take it too seriously though they usually end up laughing, or dancing.

oops and Dan Browns series.
    any more?

2. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

I personally don't know of any, but I am curious as to why you want to read books about them. Are you planning on joining them or something like that?

3. rainshine

rainshine New Member

haha no
    one of my stories has a mild masonic story line, and I am not sure how far to take it. the more I read the more I am noticing masonic references, I dont know if its a coincidence or not.

4. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

There was a very good series done years ago where the masons and the Bavarian Illuminati (one and the same in the books) called Illuminatus!. It was pretty funny. Basically a spoof of conspiracy theories, giving the Masons a central role in just about everything that had happened in the last few millenia. I read them when they were out and they were good fun. I had to look them up. Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson were the authors. Highly imaginative, they'd appeal to the same kind of person who liked the Hitch hiker's guide..

5. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Oh and there was one where they were implicated in the 'assassination' of Pope John Paul I. I can't remember the name, but the authors sued the company that made "Godfather III". Successfully, I think. It was published in the late eighties. The book was crap though. It's an object lesson in hyperbole.

1 person likes this.
  6. rainshine

rainshine New Member

hmm they sound very interesting I will look those authors up thankyou so much.
    up date, definitely give the illuminatus a read, thanks.