1. jlauren

jlauren New Member

Book research - anyone live in Sydney, Australia?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jlauren, Nov 21, 2009.

OK, I have a bizarre question:

Does anyone in this forum live in Sydney, Australia? I'm writing a book set there and I live in North Queensland, Australia and have been to Sydney several times, but I don't know it like a local. It's the perfect setting for my book, but I would LOVE to talk to someone who actually lives there and knows the ins and outs of the city. I'm looking for details of train lines, suburbs, businesses etc, which is more information than I've gathered in my short holidays there.

My next step is to take another trip there solely for research, but that's still a fair way off. Thanks so much....you are all fantastic!

2. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I live an hour south and my mises works in Sydnry CBD. I know most the trainl ines and subburbs (pros and cons, like bankstown, redfern and the lower end of the nice end of suburbia). Also moving to Sydney CBD in Jan 2010. (to live close to work) I'm not sure how quick you n4ed info, but i could help you out in a few months 9I know some, already, but not everything0

3. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Syndey = either A) Bogan (Western Sydney) or 2) Snob 9Though thatcan fit into bogan i guess).

Would really love to help though..

EDIT - im an idiot, how did i quote myself lol. Sorry

4. jlauren

jlauren New Member

OK, so I'm still looking for someone from Sydney.....anyone interested in helping me out? I would reeeeeeally appreciate your insight.

5. ajbc_08

ajbc_08 Member

I actually live in Sydney haha, what are the odds. I could help you out with any questions you have, not sure how in-depth I could go with certain things but I could do my best with anything you need to know.

Cheers