Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

This forum is pretty strict, huh?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Xayah for Dinner, Jun 3, 2018.

I was browsing the Erotica workshop, and I decided to click the sticky thread. Rules caught me off guard to be honest, as I understood it meant no minors can be depicted (under 18), and no non-consensual acts can be depicted. FF.net and AO3 don't care about this stuff. Geez

I did want to eventually semi-advertise my work here after meeting the requirements, but it doesn't seem like it'd be allowed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I think you were eventually planning to publish on Amazon, and they don't generally allow that type of erotica, either, so... not much point "semi-advertising" work you won't be able to sell!

3. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

actually I don't have any plans to publish anything on Amazon :l
    It is possible that in the distant future, I may look into that kind of thing, but there are no current plans to do so, and it may never happen.

That aside ^ ..... I have some stories published on FF.net, okay, and there is no profit involved in that whatsoever. It was my intention to promote my work which is published on FF.net here, and I figured as long as I met the requirements, I'd be allowed.

FF.net is super mainstream, so if a story can be published there, I thought I should be able to promote it here?

4. BayView

Oh. I read that you'd been looking at KDP and just assumed you were interested in it as an author. But if not...

You could probably include a link to your FF.net in your sig line, at least after you've made a certain number of posts or otherwise established yourself as a member of the community? (check the rules on that - I've never really looked into it.) I assume people who find you saying interesting things might then want to go over and have a look at what you write.

But underage non-con fanfic is a pretty niche market, so if you're just looking to increase your readership, not develop your writing, you might have better luck in a community more centred on underage non-con fanfic? I'm not saying no one here is interested in that, but it's a niche market in the general population, so I expect it'd be a niche here, too...

5. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

Oh, yeah, nah, the KDP is cool but I can't participate in something like that for the foreseeable future. I had no idea it existed until recently.

Also... "underage non-con" is not as specific of a category as it might sound. We can't just lump every story with that tag together :p
    What I'm saying is, there's plenty of other things that go into a piece to narrow its identity. I think the identities of my stories are fine.

increasing readership is always a good thing, but I love to receive feedback. The last review written for me on FF was pretty deep.

6. BayView

I'm sure there's lots of variety under the underage non-con umbrella, but the point is, once it's under that umbrella it's likely not going to be of interest to people who are turned off or offended or disgusted by underage non-con. So the more subtle categories may be of interest to those who are into it, but aren't too important to those who aren't into it.

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I also play at AO3 and FFN, and I have stories posted at both that I would not post here. We have legal parameters that we must abide with our service provider. Also, we're a Workshopping forum, not an archive forum like AO3 and FFN, so our physical set up and logistics are different here than in those places. This forum is also culturally more in the lean of original fiction, so the paradigms of fanfiction are not really in play here.

That's the fantastic thing about the internet: Lots of different places to fill lots of different needs.

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  8. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

Hi, I see. That's very interesting. yah... One question tho: BayView was very kind as to suggest something like include a link to my FF.net page in my signature on the forum, do you think I might eventually be permitted to do that?....

9. Wreybies

Look at my signature. See where it says Other Scribblings? Click and follow. ;)

10. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

Ahh, nice xD so basically my link would need to go to my blog page, which gives a warning, and from there they can be linked to my FF.net
    This format has been duly noted :-D

Wreybies likes this.
  11. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

You must be new to the internet huh? The Japanese have so much of that crap they have two different words!

12. Wreybies

Okay, so before this turns into yet another heated thread about content in writing, I think the OP's question has been answered and I would like to enjoy my Sunday finishing my super-smutty chapter in my GoT fanfic rather than sit this thread, so....

:closed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.