Your Username

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nervous1st, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Mmmmm Hmmmmmm.

2. Encore

Encore New Member

Encore comes from the Jay-Z song Encore, before I had kids I used to be really into cars and racing and stuff (yes even though I am a girl!) and I bought this old VL Holden Commodore (make and model of a car in Aus) to do up, anyway I wanted personalised plates for it.

I chose Encore for it cause I had this silly little rhyme for my car that I made up from the Jay-Z song, it went something like - Can I get an encore, do you want more, nothing beats the commodore, so for one last time you'll hear me roar!

So that name has kind of stuck with me for a number of forums now. Pretty silly I know, but my excuse is I was young :)

3. Honeybun

Honeybun Active Member

My name being Hana, I was very often called Honey as a child. Now my closest friends still call me Honey and I just added "bun" to add some color to it...sorta lol It's also the ID or username I very often use online :)

Great post!

Keep it up ;)

4. Ann

Ann New Member

I am so boring!!! Plain old Ann cos thats my name! Maybe I should be a bit more imaginative . . . it is a writing forum afterall!

5. g1ng3rsnap9ed

g1ng3rsnap9ed New Member

My username is from Ginger Snaps, but in elite. I made it g1ng3rsnap9ed because I though it was the perfect combination of numbers and letters, and I made it Ginger Snapped because Ginger turned into a werewolf at the end. :D

6. Nervous1st

Nervous1st New Member

Ohhhh *Ding* I get it. I have always wondered what your name means. Now that you've explained it, I can actually see it quite clearly. Derrrrrr.

7. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

My username is not very complicated, it's the name of my avatar Soujiro Seta from the Rurouni Kenshin anime. He is one of my favourite characters in anything...ever! hence my tribute to him.

8. Chaos Octopus

Chaos Octopus New Member

My username is pretty weird... It just burst into my head at random. I immediately put it into google and it came up with (Dun, dun, Duuuun...) NOTHING. I have used it as my username since.

Keep watching the skies...

9. Obezyanka

Obezyanka New Member

All your stories are great :)

I picked Obezyanka from a song, Obezyanka means Monkey (I believe it's the female term in Russian). My grandmother said when I was born prematurely (nine weeks) that I looked like a baby monkey. Cause I was covered in thick black hair.

Also listening to t.A.T.u Yulia Volkova screams Obezyanka Nol (zero) really high. It's a great song with beautiful lyrics.

10. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

A gallowglass was a mercenary - a member of a semi-religious, loosely-related tribe of mercenaries descended from Somerled. They were the most effective heavy infantry in northern Europe for a considerable amount of time, and were the elite soldiers of Gaelic armies, second only to kings and their bodyguards.

The name means 'foreign warrior.' Suits me fine ;)

11. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

My username = I never expected to stay and be part of the community. Otherwise id have used more then one braincell and a drop of imagination.

12. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Rogue is another word for Renegade. It’s a name I picked when I wanted to deify my folks, and it just stuck. I’m know around the internet as Rogue in most place. ^.^;Even though my first attempt at the name was Roge. Oh what fun typo’s can be. ^^;;

13. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Wait, you can give yourself a new name when you defy your parents? I wish I'd known that a few years ago, I missed my chance. :(

I used to spell it Rouge.

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Did you turn red when you discovered your mistake? ;)

15. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

God Cog...you and the puns!

16. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

lol nice one.

I felt a lot better about confusing the two words when my fiance came into the room while I was typing that post and thought I had it spelled right...at least I was like 15 when I made the mistake and not 22. :p

17. Phifty2

Phifty2 New Member

I was reading and really into the weekly DC comic series 52 when I created the name for another site. I'm also a big Philadelphia Phillies fan which is where the PH comes from.

18. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

hmmm, my name is really a sort of a pataois from characters from Greek mythology and pre-colombian folklore...

nah just kidding:p

I hate making up usernames and wanna break down as many barriers as I can, so when people look me up I want them to feel as if they already know something about me. Usually I can't even use my name because there are so many people with my name---13 was for convenience because somebody picked 1 through 12, and because it is a very luck number (contrary to what people think)

19. writewizard

writewizard New Member

Great post. Mine comes from the freelance email/name I use. :p

20. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus New Member

It's the name of a poem I like. It makes me feel safe and warm.

21. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

I think I answered this on another thread somewhere...hmm...oh well.

My name Chimmy Bear, is a two part story. Chimmy is a variation for ChimChim, my family given nick name. The "Bear" part was added later by a good friend on another forum who called me Chimmy Bear. I liked it so good, I stuck with it. :D

22. afinemess

afinemess Active Member

When I was signing up, I thought about my current piece of work, and that about summed it up. It was fine and it was a mess. Still is. Kinda describes me perfectly as a whole.

23. Irish87

Irish87 New Member

My real name is Steve Stevens, but I tend to go by Alan Stevens. Nevertheless, my friends in school, waaaay back when, decided that the name Steve was horrible and Alan wasn't much better. So they came up with the nickname of Irish (mostly because I'm pale, have blond hair, and that's what they picture all Irish folk looking like). The '87 is the year I was born in.

And thus Irish87 was born. Strangely enough, I am Irish, but I have far more German and English in me.

24. Cosmos

Cosmos New Member

Mine's from the Final Fantasy, Dissidia. I tend to use quite a number of usernames over the different sites I've visited, but this is my favorite right now.

25. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Plus, you're just so cheerful and cuddly! :)

My name is also a two-part story. I was known by the nickname Aanggirl47 (on a forum I no longer go on) and I started being called Gigi, because it was easier to say and type. Eventually I just liked the name Gigi so much, and it seemed to fit me so perfectly, that I use it for everything now. :) I'm actually considering changing my name from Alexandria (my real name) to Gigi, because I like it better. ;)

The GNR part comes from me and my best friend Briana's love of Guns N' Roses, aka GNR.