1. tristan.n

tristan.n Active Member

Card, Anthony, and Kaku

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by tristan.n, Dec 22, 2010.

Has anyone ever read Ender's Game or any book by Orson Scott Card? That's my absolute favorite book, and it never gets old. I'm just curious to see how many people have read it. I've always liked science fiction, but I really think that Card makes his concepts very fathomable and possible.

I have a book by Michio Kaku called Physics of the Impossible, and I use that and Card's stories for inspiration in my science fiction writing.

On the other hand, I also like a lot of novels by Piers Anthony, most of which are very obviously fantasy but nevertheless entertaining. Hopefully my writing will be a good mix of sci/fi and fantasy!

So anyway, sorry for rambling--Tell me what you think of Card/Anthony/Kaku or just sci/fi and fantasy in general!

2. Holden

Holden New Member

I love Card's Ender novels, although everything after "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow" never struck the emotional cord inside me.