Zombies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JTheGreat, May 14, 2011.

1. Chudz

Chudz New Member

I really enjoyed that movie. It was creepy! :eek:

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I've actually been hoping for a zombie apocalypse myself... :p You gotta admit, out of all the ways the world could end, the zombie apocalypse sounds like the best way for it to happen. :D

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Oh lawd.

I remember back in American Lit I last semester, I had a friend named David who joked about a zombie apocalypse breaking out in the university. He said that while he and I fought off the zombies with broomsticks, our Japanese professor would be swinging a katana (yes, he went there folks) and yelling "Come boys! We must find a cure for this plague!"

David even said that line in the worst Japanese accent I've heard complete with ninja moves. I was actually very thankful that he [our Lit professor] wasn't present (or any Asians) or else they would have probably socked him in the face for stereotyping them.

At any rate, we were in the third floor of a building, so if a zombie apocalypse did break out, I doubt we'd have much of a chance, especially if we were the only two non-zombies in the building.

1 person likes this.
  4. Gigi_GNR

^ It would make a pretty epic movie scene, though, fighting through floors of zombies and maybe even dying valiantly. ;)

5. Link the Writer

Yeah, my Japanese professor with a katana, a scrawny-ass 100-IB kid (me), and a chubby kid (David) fighting former classmates and teachers who are now zombies with sad music playing.

My last words would be: "I HATE MY LIFE!!"

:D

Course, I think my professor would survive because he's that badass.

6. Gigi_GNR

I would try to think up some really epic/random/funny last words that no one would understand as I go down. Add an aura of mystery to the tragedy of it all. ;)

7. Link the Writer

Now I'm thinking how the three of us would even make it. Zombies climbing up the stairs, zombies coming at us on the current floor.

Yeah, I'd be crapping myself too much to think about waxing any poetic and symbolic last words. David would go out laughing. My professor? Who knows. :>

8. Gigi_GNR

I think I'd go out laughing too. Best way to do it, go out swinging! :p

I wonder how you'd escape, too. I'm be pretty terrified myself.

9. Link the Writer

It'd be a miracle. We'd be completely surrounded on all sides by zombies down the hallway, zombies climbing the stairs...

Worst place to be in a zombie apocalypse is anywhere above one floor.

10. Gigi_GNR

Or turning the corner and running into a pack a la The Walking Dead. *shudder*

11. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I don't really see the zombie thing happening (even though the CDC has a zombie preparedness list on their website now, which makes me laugh - a LOT), but even if it does I am unconcerned. I live in a rural area. Very rural. I live on a hill overlooking a lake. I have enough guns and ammo to hold my own for a good long while (and if I run out I'll make more which I am also capable of and equipped to do), and food won't be an issue. No, I'm not worried. Bring it on.

12. Sage Dufraine

Sage Dufraine New Member

All you need to do to survive is watch Zombieland. Double tap!

1 person likes this.
  13. Gigi_GNR

I love the fact that the CDC has a plan for it now. :D Made me laugh, too!

That's honestly a part of my plan. I love that movie! :D And I would hope to run into Bill Murray too.

14. Adi

Adi New Member

I could really use a zombie invasion to wake up my primal senses, they are being stifled under a cloud of suburbanism and SSRI's.

15. Gigi_GNR

What I wonder is, if a loved one of yours was infected, could you be the one to pull the trigger on them? It's a situation I don't know what I'd do in.

16. JimFlagg

JimFlagg New Member

I would pull the trigger because if the roles were reversed, I would want the same.

Wait, unless there is a cure of course, then don't kill me. Please.

17. Gigi_GNR

That's one of the questions I have. Should you keep them with you in the hope there's a cure, or should you kill them on the spot?

18. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I don't think I could kill them, as much as I would like to say that I could.

There was a zombie invasion in Las Vegas this weekend...it was pretty exciting.

19. Gigi_GNR

I think I would be able to, because my thinking would be, 'You're not the person I knew and loved, you don't know what you're doing anymore or who you used to be, you're undead.'

20. Trish

I'm with you, Gigi... pretty sure I could do it.

21. Gigi_GNR

Of course, it's one of those things where you think you could but never know unless it happens.

22. Trish

That's when you point, close your eyes, pull the trigger, and hope no one still actually living gets in the way :D (My grandfather, were he alive, would smack me in the back of the head for that comment :p)

23. MrNomas

MrNomas New Member

It always seems unrealistic for people not to shoot a zombie that was their relative. It's realistic to have them pause before firing at the first one but not to get eaten while pleading with them. When they don't stop when you point a gun at them, why wouldn't you pull the trigger?

24. EricaJRothwell

EricaJRothwell Active Member

I, like many other, have thought about this is great detail. I find it hilarious how most people have no clue what they're doing in life but know exactly what they'd do in a zombie apocolypse! It's like we're all so fed up of this world and almost eager for it to come to end. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy, not just the zombie apocolypse but other 'end of the world,' type scenarios (dependant on whether I survive of course!) is the break down of society and the freedom that gives.

Anyhoo, zombie apocolypse. Well, the idea of looting and gathering supplies is so exciting but very dangerous and would probably result in death or at least injury so I'd stay clear of all of the big shops and warehouse, etc. unless of course, you stocked up before things got bad and I probably would (stock up, I mean) When the news first reports of a bloke chewing off a mans face I'd believe it was more than just bath salts and start stocking up in advance! ;)

My ideal place to be would be remote countryside, which kind of sucks arse because I moved from remote countryside to London... Crap. Ideally, I'd like to save as many family members (and their partners&kids) as I can, getting as many supplies/weapons as I could along the way and if I survived by the time I hit the Scottish coast, steal a boat (or helicopter) and make my way to one of the remote, uninhabited Scottish islands. My family and I would start a small community living off of the land, with me as their leader :D Hey! I was the one that risked my arse trekking from London to save all of your butts, so ner ner I'm the leader! We'd probably become an inbred clan after a few generations but hey, ho at least we wouldnt be zombified!

25. EricaJRothwell

EricaJRothwell Active Member

Would rather become a zombie or be shot in the head first?

I apologise in advance if this thread already exists, I had a quick check and couldn't find it.

So, zombie apocolypse scenario. You've been bitten, do you want your friend to kill you before the change happens or drop you off somewhere and let you turn? There is no promise of a cure at this moment so you could end up trawling the world forever in search of human flesh.

I personally would rather turn. See how the other half live. I'd rather exsist (exsist, not live - zombies are dead) in some form than not at all. But what about you?