1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Any moleskine users?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OurJud, Sep 1, 2015.

I went mad for these for a while and built up quite a collection (all of them the pocket size). Most of them are now lingering in some drawer, mostly unused.

And then all the knock-offs-but-just-as-good-and-cheaper jumped on the bandwagon and I've had quite a few of these too.

I've still yet to find the 'perfect' little black book, which incidentally would be: 9 x 14cm, soft leather cover, no elastic closure, no ribbon marker.

2. aguywhotypes

aguywhotypes Active Member

Yes, I have the little 3x5.5 inch dark red. they are sewn together, I love that and acid-free paper. Love that. I use them all the time. I carry one of them with me wherever I go.

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

The pads are nice, but the price seems disproportionate to what you're getting. I can get a nice, thick pad from Calibre with heavy paper that takes my fountain pen ink for around $4.00.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I love Moleskines. I have quite a few, especially the pocket sized ones. I do like the elastic closure and the ribbon marker. I also like the pockets in the covers. I fell in love with this style of notebook when I saw Indiana Jones use one in Raiders of the Lost Ark. So cool! I really don't mind the cost. The quality and the features are what mean most to me and I don't go through them at a really high rate, anyway. I also use bigger sizes, especially the 8.5x11 inch. I like writing by hand, mostly for taking notes these days, and these books are perfect for that.

5. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Why are so many people under this delusion??

For starters the film was The Last Crusade, not Raiders. And secondly the only similarity between the Grail Diary from that film and a Moleskine, is that fact that it's a notebook with an elastic closure. Look...

Moleskine:
    [​IMG]
    Grail Diary:
    [​IMG]

6. minstrel

Whatever.

7. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I have a moleskin I use for recording short poems I like and want to memorize. I've hardly started filling it, but I want to change that.

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Nope. I have a collection of different notebooks, from lovely leather-bounds to pragmatic moleskins, that I've collected over the years. There's something about the esthetic of them that appeals to me and draws me to that are of the Barns & Noble, but in real-world application I am simply not the consumer for this kind of item. I have six or seven of them and they are pretty much untouched and in like-new condition. They make for nice decoration. If you come for a visit and show an interest, you're likely to take one with you as a gift. ;)

9. minstrel

No fear of that, Wrey. Nobody will visit you because you live in Hurricaneville and it's filled with giant spiders and alligators and red ants that eat dogs' backsides. :p

Of course, nobody will visit me here because we haven't seen any water around here since 1964. We all just sit around drinking tequila and driving like idiots. o_O

10. Chad Ettelbrick

Chad Ettelbrick New Member

I'm a big moleskine and field notes fan. I carry a moleskine with me everywhere. Easily my favorite notebook, but Field Notes is slowly taking over. I love collecting them.

Not sure that anyone would be interested, but I'm part of the team behind SCRIBEdelivery.com, a monthly subscription box for notebooks, great pens, everyday use writing tools, and creative ideas. The first box is launching in a couple weeks. I have a lot of stationary obsessed friends who are working on the project. You can sign up for the pre-release list here, but the idea is to give people monthly access to products that are high quality and give them a reason to use it.

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

You mean, friends who are obsessed with not moving?