1. Luna13

Luna13 Active Member

Any Markus Zusak fans?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Luna13, Jun 13, 2012.

He is absolutely my favorite writer ever. I loved Underdogs, and I loved The Book Thief even more.

He writes so well. He just has this talent with words and somehow his writing is about words without really being about words at all - oh, how do I explain it?

Anyone else like him?

2. diminuendo

diminuendo New Member

Me!
    -raises hand-

3. runningfree

runningfree New Member

I LOVED Book Thief! His style, the way he made words move and personified them, was almost eerie and definitely matched the story's theme. I nearly cried at the end. Few books have ever made me cry.

I haven't tried any of his other books yet. Will definitely have to do that.

4. evelon

evelon Active Member

I loved The Book Thief. Particulary liked the way Death was sitting on the roof watching the souls drift past him. What an amazing concept.

5. EmilyChristine

EmilyChristine New Member

I've never read The Book Thief (I will, eventually!) but I Am the Messenger moved me in ways I can't even begin to describe. I thought I wouldn't like it at first, but by the end I was almost sobbing. It was a beautifully wrought novel...I highly suggest you check it out if you're a fan of him!

6. Velox

Velox Member

Out of his books I have only read The Book Thief, unfortunately, but I absolutely loved it and hope to read more. I wrote a fairly extensive review on it here, because it really was one of the best books I have read. While my "to-read" list is currently a million miles long, I definitely plan to look up his other works. I think The Book Thief is a book that literally everyone should read, especially avid writers and bibliophiles. There is no doubt that Markus Zusak really is a great writer.