1. Jensen

Jensen Member

One Sentence Prompts

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Jensen, May 6, 2019.

Think of a scene. It could be one that you've written yourself, or one that you've never written and you're coming up with it just now. Now come up with a sentence you might write for that scene, just one sentence, and post it here with no context. Other users may use that sentence as a writing prompt for a scene of their very own.

Things to remember:
    - Read the rules of the site. I don't want to have this thread shut down.
    - This is not a place for posting your writing. I'd love to read it, and I'm sure other people would too, but this isn't the place to post it. Feel free to PM me or anybody else if you'd like somebody specific to read it, and if you want it public, post to the writing workshop

First Prompt: The screeching guitar left a low ringing in his ears, but he was pumped full of adrenaline and breathing in the scent of drugged smoke, so he didn't pay any mind to it.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

Juan had always felt there was somthing strange about the way in which the ancient tree's gnarled branches swayed at the slightest breeze.

love to read likes this.
  3. Elvira Chavez

Elvira Chavez Member

There was such a sadness in the movement, it was almost as if the breeze was whispering "come here and be sad with me".