1. Novalee Phoenix

Novalee Phoenix New Member

Looking for a writing buddy

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Novalee Phoenix, Aug 4, 2014.

Hello all. I'm looking for someone to chat about writing with, bounce ideas off of, and just be friends with in general. I am hoping for someone around my age (I'm 25), and preferably female as well. Not that I'm not open to being friends with a guy, my closest friend is a guy. I just have never really had a really good friendship with a girl. I had plenty of girl friends during school but we've all drifted apart and my former best friend from school pretty much ditched me after my dad died and I went though a hard time. So I've never had a really good female friend. And I want one.
    I'm obviously not going to immediately assume I'm best buds with someone from one convo but if we click, we click.
    Little about me. 25, female, kinda shy, quirky. I love animals and have three pets. I like to write and read, watch TV and movies. I am writing my first book and it is a mix of fantasy and sci fi, my two favorite genres. I'm hesitant about sharing my work but if trust is there it will be easier for me. I'm fairly open minded. And um yeah, I feel awkward doing this but whatever.
    If interested, go ahead and reply or message me :)

2. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

Two great genres to have interest and write in, as there is a lot of overlap now. Which can be awesome, if it is done right.

3. Novalee Phoenix

Novalee Phoenix New Member

I hope I can successfully combine the two :)

maskedhero likes this.
  4. maskedhero

maskedhero Active Member

Hm...all depends on how it is done. Sci-fi often prefers scientific explanations, fantasy uses magic, so finding a good middle, or some way to weave the two, is the challenge.