Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scriptorous

Scriptorous New Member

Qualifying Critiques

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Scriptorous, Aug 6, 2010.

How does one know if a critique is up to snuff and qualifies for the two per story rule? Many of the posters here are more experienced than I and often after reading there critiques I have nothing to add that has not already been pointed out by others. If I simply ignore the other critiques and write my own to the best of my abilities does it qualify, or do I have to find issues and problems that others did not?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We can generally tell whether you independently came up with the same issues as someone else or are simply parroting another critique.

On the site home page, there is a pane labelled Important Links. Among those links is How to Use the Review Room.

In that post, and in the site rules, and at the end of every closed thread in the Review Room, is a link explaining what constitutes constructive critique. It is also one of the stickied threads in the General Writing->Reviewing forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.