1. ivan626

ivan626 New Member

My research paper

Discussion in 'Research' started by ivan626, May 31, 2010.

Hi guys, I have this one problem I've been up since 10 am this morning and I'm working on my research paper. and its 10 pm already so far I'm still not done with this 10 page paper what is wrong with me, am I stupid.

I got down the topic, the main idea, I did my research, found all my sources, did all my APA references. So I have my front title page, a short outline, a short introduction, I do not have my body paragraph yet. I highlighted the hypotheses for all the articles already but I'm having problem putting this together. This is by so far the most difficult time I'm facing right now. Help, what can I do to make this transition easier.

2. animelovers411

animelovers411 New Member

just relax for now , if you stress your self out then you wont be able to do anything right , just take it easy youll get in soon but stressing over it would not help the fact you got this

3. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

If it's only 10 pages, try narrowing down the topic and focusing on just a few points and sources. You can still briefly touch on your other sources and ideas.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Take a few minutes to chill and get your focus back. But it sounds like you put things off until the last day, and did your research before you had decided on the paper's strategy. Am I right?

We can't give detailed assistance on homework, but if you have a good thesis statement, you should be able to relate every piece of research to that thesis. Any research tat does not contribute to arguing your thesis, either for or against, will probably need to be discarded.

5. ivan626

ivan626 New Member

My paper is not due till next week but i want to finish it today, I'm finally able to pull the pieces and make it fit. I guess I just needed some sleep. I have 7 more days before its due. But after putting the intro with my main topics with the thesis I can only then use the body to support it and I was struggling try to pull the thesis together. But everything is going well. Where can I get my papers proof read? Does anybody here have time for that. Thanks for the responses guys.

6. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

What class is this for?

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sorry, but that is not permitted on this site. You'll have to do your own proofreading for your school assignments.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you shouldn't be asking for/getting help on work you'll be graded for, y'know... it's called 'cheating'...

9. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Besides, most schools I've been involved with have tutoring services that professors encourage you to access when you're having trouble. That it where I would recommend you check.