1. Hazel Eyed Scribe

Hazel Eyed Scribe New Member

Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Hazel Eyed Scribe, Jun 22, 2007.

Just stopping by to say hey... I am an avid reader and writer, I like fantasy stories, fictional stories loosely (or mainly) based on true events, writings about particular events that happened to people and other random things. I also like to write lyrics and poems. :) I should be able to start posting soon. One thing though. I can't seem to get my profile pic to work. I believe it is the right size but the website isn't accepting it. Any suggestions?
    Thx. And see ya all around.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Hazel Eyed Scribe, welcone to the Writing Forums.

Your profile pic did make it, first of all. That is not the same as the avatar image that would appear under your name to the left of every post, though.

Anyway, down to the standard greeting points. Please take a tour of the site, and check out the Lounge and the Game Room, the easiest places to get to know the other members. Then there are the discussion forums dealing with writing and publishing questions and opinions, and the Weekly Writing Group, where you will find fun writing challenges. Finally, check out the Review Room, where members post their work for review, to improve their craft. It is best to visit all the areas and read some reviews, and offer opinions of your own as well, before posting material of your own for review. That way, you will have a better feel for what the reviews are like. Reviews tend to focus on suggestions for improvement rather than praise, because we are all trying to become better writers. If you are not expecting that, reviews might seem difficult to swallow.

Again, we;come to the site, and I'm sure you will enjoy meeting all the great people here. Above all, have fun!

3. Hazel Eyed Scribe

Thank you much! I will look around and thanks for letting me know about the profile pic.

4. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Welcome to the site. Good to see you here. :p

The profile pic is indeed up. The avatar must be 100 x 100 and that's the picture that's displayed in each thread.

5. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Welcome, take your time to get to know some members, find similar posts, let us know your thoughts. Feedback on your work somethimes takes a little while, so just be patient but mostly enjoy yourself!

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to WF.

If you need any help regarding the forum fiction etc. Please feel free to send me a PM. (Post Message) And I'll be happy to help

~Raven.

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hello and welcome to WF, I do hope you have a most wonderful time here with all of us and I look forward to seeing you around the boards in the very ear future.

~Torana

8. Hazel Eyed Scribe

Thank you all for the welcome...I hope to post soon so I get get some feedback from you all.... and I look forward to spending awhile to read some of your posts.
    :)

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well if you want any reviews just send one of us reviewers a pm with the link and we will get straight on to it :D

10. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

hiya

Heh nice name

11. Hazel Eyed Scribe

:) thank you much

12. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Welcome!

13. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor