1. Lozboz

Lozboz Member

Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lozboz, Nov 20, 2015.

Hello!

I'm new to the forums so I guess it's only right to introduce myself. I have been writing since I was very young, silly short stories etc.

I've just finished my first manuscript of a novel. It started as my dissertation while at university in 2011 - I studied English and Creative Writing. It's being sent to agents (and being rejected) at the moment.

I also have a blog discussing my two passions: video games and writing.
    Interesting fact: I love bellydancing too...

Can't wait to meet all you fellow writers out there. It's tough working on your own a lot.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Sevenski

Sevenski Member

I'm new too, btw. You've been to uni and written a novel? Awesome... and I'm jelly. My major will probably be physics. :(
    Anyway, welcome to the forum. :D What's your favorite genre? Mine is Realistic fiction and I'm all over gaming too, btw.

3. Lozboz

Lozboz Member

Hi Sevenski. :)

Thank you for the welcome. Writing that novel took me 5 years, and I still don't think it's perfect.

I like a lot of genres, but I think at the moment I have a thing for Dystopian, Sci-fi -like the Wool series.

Woo! Video games. My ideal job would be writing about games in exchange for money.

4. ikkie

ikkie New Member

Hey..welcome to lovely land of writers.

Lozboz likes this.
  5. Mordred85

Mordred85 Active Member

That's interesting. I'm downloading a video-game for my lame computer to run at the moment. Nothing worth mentioning.
    This is a good place for other eyes to edit and and improve your work with suggestions and corrections, that's all.

6. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Hello, and welcome I would write ore but I' only two sips of coffee in to far. ;)

7. Lozboz

Lozboz Member

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm having fun looking around :D

8. AlexJames

AlexJames Member

Pretty impressive to have written a novel while at Uni, I must say. I'm hopefully going to be attempting that in the coming year (which is my last at uni). Any advice for writing while also having uni work to do?

Lozboz likes this.
  9. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The short story contest needs more votes and I'm trying to help it grow. Want to immerse yourself in this forum? Don't be shy. Become a voter in the short story contest. Get started on the right foot. Make someone's day and vote for their story. The link is in my sig. :agreed:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Lozboz likes this.
  10. Lozboz

Lozboz Member

Thanks! It was only the first draft. I used to get up early - 7am used to be early for a student, not sure what it's like now - and write for a few hours. Also, I got my assignments finished and in early, then I didn't have to worry about them and had a few days at least to focus on my own stuff.

I just voted. :bigsmile:

GingerCoffee likes this.