Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

'Scuse Me

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Crazy Ivan, May 28, 2007.

It would seem that once again we have run into a crisis involving a great misunderstanding around something I posted.

THE STORY:
    1. Last night, I posted a new chapter onto the Templar story, in which all members are invited to contribute chapters. (By the way, if you want to join, it's right here: https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=3743).
    2. Afterwards, many members misconstrued it as being childish, hateful, etc.
    3. Kit, being a good moderator (And who should be applauded for her role in this fiasco, as she only did what seemed right), had me banned.
    4. I came on the next morning and was shocked to find myself banned from this board. I did not know the reason, so I went to another computer to look it up, and found that people had not liked my post. I registered a throwaway account to offer a formal apology, much like this one, but wound up banned from there, too. My apology was also deleted.
    5. I then went to another computer (Hurrah for coffeehouses and free internet!), and registered ANOTHER account, on which I messaged the moderators, explaining what had happened. I have now been un-banned, and want to take this chance to clear things up.

MYTH: The post in the "continue the story" thread was a spiteful jab at the creators.
    FACT: The post in the "continue the story" thread was just a chapter that I hoped would be picked up and gone along with.
    MYTH: He made a plot twist so he could totally get rid of all elements of the story and make his own ideas.
    FACT: I made a plot twist that set the story in the present day. However, it still kept the elements of the Knights Templar, the woman who Lord Malidur wanted burned, the medallion, and the whole air of adventure, fighting, mystery, and medieval times.

Accidents have happened like this before, namely the "Top Ten Reasons to Ban Gay Marriage thread." That post was intended to strike down homophobia. Instead, countless members bashed ME for homophobia, because they had not actually taken the time to read the post.
    In this present-day case, they must not have taken the time to read the add-on I made at the bottom of the chapter, stating that this was an honest attempt, not meant to be spiteful, and that I really did want to see what would happen from there.

I hope this cleared everything up for you. Thanks for your time, patience, and understanding.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Fair enough. If you ask me, this forum needs to rise above all of this petty bickering. We're all better than it.

3. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Actually what you wrote I read indepth and couldn't beleve what you'd done game boy this game boy that. the story was set to be a medievil story and you came across to destroy it. I was the one that reported you. because I felt what you wrote was insulting.

I see you've become Un-Banned typical of the Mods picking favourites gain isn't it.

I kinda like this place but with posts like that i found it childish and almost spiteful instead of going with the flow you want lone ranger.

4. Banzai

Oh, leave it out. The Mods do a great job, and since they are only human, they are allowed to slip up once in a while. Whether or not you agree with what Ivan wrote, he has apologised, so can't that be the end of it, please?

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Wait, Game Boy what?

Also, I don't get what you don't get: It's a continue-the-story thread. You have freedom, so you can continue it any way you want. If you really wanted a medieval setting, you could have had the characters go on some epic quest in a bizarre medieval-world that exists alongside the real world, or even had them time-travel to medieval times. It's fantasy- you can do whatever you want! In the real flow of things, my chapter didn't even change it that much- because it's a writing free-for-all, you could have had them time-travel back to where they had started, and made everything the same- except just made the main character that much more complex, because he was from the present-day, and also worried about his mental health.
    It wasn't really that drastic, when you consider it. That's the great thing about fantasy. It's fantastical.

6. Sophronia

Sophronia New Member

I've noticed a bit of heated arguing around here. Maybe a FAQ needs to be written by the mods? I've noticed there isn't one.

7. Banzai

Actually there is. Click links on the bar at the top, and you'll find it there :)

8. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Huh...cool. Never noticed that. =P

9. Sophronia

Sophronia New Member

O okay '^^ *is blind XD*

10. Banzai

It's alright, it's fairly well hidden :p There's a seach function hidden away in there as well.

11. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

lol?

A bit uncalled for don't you think?

12. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    I'm not at all interested in the story collaboration, but isn't there some method of removing or challenging chapters if they seem too off based, that doesn't involve banning people?
    If there isn't there should be, it should help keep arguments to a minimum.

13. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

happily ignoring all the above merde, just want to say i'm glad to see you're still here, ivan!

love and hugs, maia

14. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'll second mamamaia's sentiment. I'm really saddened that so much hurt ensued, and I really hope no one is truly driven off over it.

Differences of opinion are bound to arise, as well as misunderstandings about intent.

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    Point has been made, flames are coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.